Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i posted a problem similar to this before but I wasnt clear enough and didnt get the answers i was looking for.

So basically I have a fully built SOHC ZC obd0 that I want to drop into my obd2 1997 civic. My problem is I dont know what exactally I would need for the swap, if I should convert over to obd2 (I heard thats a lot of work) and also would I have to change the tranny because I heard its a cable tranny not hydro. Or would it be a good idea to swap the internals into my stock d16y7? My buddy says I should just sell the motor lol.. What do you guys think ?

Thanks guys :)

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Depending where you live, that swap could be illegal......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm pretty sure its fine where I live plus It doesnt really matter too me I just wanna know how much work this swap will actually be and if its worth it :/

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
keep the obd2 dizzy, intake manifold, etc. and swap it in. The longblock itself should be pretty close.

I'll be doing something similar in the next month (OBD0 d15b2 going into a 97 del slo)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ what about the cable tranny though ? I was reading that it would be an issue and I would have to convert to a hydro tranny or buy a new one ?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
^ what about the cable tranny though ? I was reading that it would be an issue and I would have to convert to a hydro tranny or buy a new one ?
use the tranny you have now in the 97.

read what I posted, only use the longblock (valvecover to oilpan, no manifolds)

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Yea I'm pretty sure its fine where I live plus It doesnt really matter too me I just wanna know how much work this swap will actually be and if its worth it :/
Okay, you wouldn't pass an obd2 emission test. That doesn't matter?

How much work.......... Like exact eta and cost. impossible to say.

Worth it, ....... How do you answer that. even with this "built" engine it's going to be slow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts