Honda D Series Forum banner

sohc zc or B16a1

915 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ryan89crx 
#1 ·
hey guys im new to the site as of today, this site has really gave me some insppiration on building my zc, currently i have a 89 dx civic,
performance/mechanical mods:
sohc zc w/ mpfi
90 si tranny
no name short ram intake
injen hydro shield
gasket matched intake manifold
eg style radiator
no name header
2 1/4" crappy crush bend exhaust
cat delete (test pipe)

anyways... in march i have plans for getting a siR complete changeover, i will have a tax return off approx. $3200

wat im getting at is, is it worth it to get the swap as far as being quick and reliable, or should i take the money and build my ZC
:mikej:

#3 ·
if the zc runs good than, why fix what isn't broken????? if I was u id take that cash and go turbo.......but thats just me.

#4 ·
and b16a1 is not that big of a deal, if u really want to go with DOHC id say ur better of getting a GSR

#6 ·
#8 ·
one of my friends order a swap from them and got exactly what he ordered, just keep in mind that they charge extra for shit like: shiftlinkage, axles, and lsd

#9 ·
Im debating something similar build a z6 or go b16a.....its a damn tough decision.
Im leaning toward the z6 build mainly because it will be like having a brand new 0 mileage engine, and not a "jdm low mileage" may spin a bearing next week engine......

But the B has more potential for less money, IMO...........

I dunno what to do either.......do you autox, drag or RR the car? Or is it a DD?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.