Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...Been on here for a few months but havnt not posted..I ended up picking up a 94 Civic Dx...car had been sitting for about 2 years...The guy that I got it from informed me that the cars original motor had blown so they replaced it with a sohc vtec motor..So at this time I was like ok...he was like if you want it give me $200 dollars and come get it...So I get there car is filthy has broken corner window and needs paint...So Im like either way for $200 might as well get it...So I pick it up...and on the way home we stopped at a car wash to get all the shit off of it...Pressure wash the motor and dam Its got a Sohc ZC non vtec...So Im like ok...whatever....

Have not touch the car in 2 months till today...Couldnt get it started for the first 2 weeks I had it....So today...I swap the injectors out for some other dseries injectors and boom it cranked right up...Actually made my day...

Now the problem Im having is What Parts list do I use to replace parts on this motor...Been searching for a while and have not been able to find anything. Some people say the d16a6. But I need to make sure. Want to replace Valve cover gasket..Spark plug tube seals..Fuel filter...belts...etc....

If anyone could help please post...Thanks for the help..

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
the sohc Non vtec zc is almost exactly the same as the D16a6. It uses the Pm6 Ecu, d16a6 intake manifold and exhaust, almost everything is from the a6. even the pistons were the same on my ZC compared to my a6. im sure others will chime in and give more info. Good luck with your car

·
3,332 Posts
Oh and Welcome to the Site! :bigok: there is a ton of info and great guys on this site. remember to read the rules and search as much as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man...Thats what I was thinking about the a6 as well but wanted to make sure before I buy a bunch of stuff that doesnt work....The car needs alot of work but now i think Im gonna go ahead and put it back on the road...Def gonna use the search function cause there is a ton of info on this site...Anyone else want to chime in...Im up for learning..

·
3,332 Posts
ya their almost identical engines. i think the only difference is the cam profile and compression ratio but not positive on that. ya if you keep the engine just buy parts for the A6 engine. Valve Cover gaskets and everything else match up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once again thanks...just trying to figure it out...Gonna pick up some stuff tonight so I Can work on it in the morning...

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
just as bumpysbro said post pics in your thread and start a build post in the showcase thread (pics in threads on d-series are your best friends) :yes:. zc an d16a6 are identical minus that the zc is more agressive than an a6 an it makes a bit more power thanks 2 agressive cam profile. check your ecu first since a zc and a6 ecu are a little different to take advantage of the engine's potential and good luck :bigok:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually got it running off of a Po6 ecu.....Seems to run fairly well...Gonna start a build thread soon...Actually getting painted in 2 weeks...I cant wait...Thanks fellas for the quick responses..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well just as I thought everything was good... I ran into some probs today when trying to start it....took it a bunch of tries to finally crank but once it was running it only ran for about 15 secs then shut off....Keeps doing the same thing...So Im gonna try and replace fuel filter...plugs and wires and see what happens...Ive got an extra fuel pump to but I can hear it prime up so I dont think thats it....Any Ideas??????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts