Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wha would have to be changed to make the swap work? i was thinking convery to obd-0 and ecu either a pm6 or pg7(i think thats it)?

chime in on this plz... would it be a dramatic difference from a sohc zc and a d15b.. both with a greddy kit? im just trying to figure out my options. thanks.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
why convert a OBD-0 ZC when you can buy a OBD-1 ZC and not have to do any converting??????????

Why make a simple plug and play swap so freaking hard???????

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
do you want to convert to obd0 or stay obd1? if you want to stay obd1 you need an obd1 dizzy and injectors - because the harness has different clips, and an obd1 ecu to run the motor.

are there even conversion kits from obd1 to obd0? ive always heard of everyone going to obd1

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Well regardless the SOHC ZC has 9.1 comp so that would be great for boosting over you JDM d15b w/ VTEC because not only is comp a little higher but you have tune for boost and VTEC crossover... Just my 2C :) Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Well if you're just asking it it'll work the answer is YES with some work.
THEY do have 92-95 OBD-1 SOHC NON VTEC ZCs available
I think they're pretty trick equipped with the VTEC style P08 IM. The dynos on these engines show that they're tuned for low end TORQUE (Peak Torque at 3000RPM) but still makes the same HP/PS rating as the earlier generation.

I MYSELF WOULD GO DOHC ZC OBD-1 if it's available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts