Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in 2 weeks the Sohc ZC i bought from hmotorsonline is going into my CRX HF. I'm just making sure I've got everything covered here. So i far I have bought the entire sohc zc longblock manifold-to-manifold with all accessories. I just picked up a Si trans. Here's the list of things I need to buy, if I omitted anything please post.

Exedy clutch and Pro-lite 8.5 flywheel - $230
Megan Header - $160
Megan Exhaust - $330
Timing belt and water pump kit -$40
Oil for trans and motor - $50
Filter - $5
PM6 ECU - $40

What else do I need? I've got about $1,700 to spend.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I'd just invest in some more little things like:
Adj. FPR, Adj. cam gear, CAI, new vacuum lines/hoses...
I'd also think of replacing most of the intake manifold gaskets, like the TB gasket, injector o-rings and so on. Might as well while you have such great acsess to it.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
thats probably about all you need :TU:

why Megan header? you can buy a $40 eBay one and get the same product minus a fancy nameplate. and by saying the same product, i mean the EXACT SAME PRODUCT, manufactured in the exact same factory...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll probably replace vacuum lines as they are needed. Can i reuse the HF throttle cable? Not sure if i need a cam gear, will the timing belt shroud still fit over the aftermarket cam gear? I understand that I won't be able to adjust the gear with the shroud on, maybe i can adjust it, then put the cover on? What a pain. If I can find a Z6 manifold I may put it on.

If i can find the cheap megan ill go for it. I've searched the ebay header threads but I can't find out which one is the megan in disguse. Which vendor sells it? I bought an ebay short shifter, bushings, short ram intake because the HF intake is a straw!

I don't see the need for a FPR

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
everything from the HF will work just fine on the ZC, only thing is that you will have 1 extra plug that you will just let hang in the bay(EGR)

i dont see why adjustable cam gear is necessary when the head hasnt been milled and he is still running stock HG.

·
Premium Member
17 Honda Civic Si
6,997 Posts
One thing I have found you NEED to replace to remove any future headaches.

Oil Pressure Sensor
Electronic Coolant Temp Sensor
Oil Pan Gasket
Rear Main Seal
Timing belt Tensioner Spring
IACV Gasket
Throttle Body Gasket
PCV Valve

Also do not forget to Clean the Oil pickup screen and replace the Oil Pickup gasket

Also make sure to Clean the IACV.

Good luck :)

-Chris

·
Premium Member
17 Honda Civic Si
6,997 Posts
BTW What Intake manifold you plan on using. The HF is Garbage and the Jap ZC intake will be missing a few USDM emission stuff.

Oh, and you will NEED an Si Throttle Cable for the Intake, the HF will not work.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing I have found you NEED to replace to remove any future headaches.

Oil Pressure Sensor
Electronic Coolant Temp Sensor
Oil Pan Gasket
Rear Main Seal
Timing belt Tensioner Spring
IACV Gasket
Throttle Body Gasket
PCV Valve

Also do not forget to Clean the Oil pickup screen and replace the Oil Pickup gasket

Also make sure to Clean the IACV.

Good luck :)

-Chris
I'll look into it. I've had a timing belt tensioner go bad on a D15B7 a long time ago. The pulley on the tensioner seized up and it smelled like rubber because it just cooked the timing belt. There was a line of rubber stuck along the path of the belt on the inside of the hood. :alky:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW What Intake manifold you plan on using. The HF is Garbage and the Jap ZC intake will be missing a few USDM emission stuff.

Oh, and you will NEED an Si Throttle Cable for the Intake, the HF will not work.
I was intending to use the sohc ZC intake manifold...perhaps I'll hunt down a Z6 afterall. I thought the sohc ZC and the A6/B7 were the same.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.