Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a zc cam on ebay thinking it was just a normal zc one, turns out it is a carbed cam with the mechanical water pump lobe on it, I did some research and the carb cam has the same intake spec as an a6 cam, however the exhaust side has higher specs than even the non carbed zc cam. But I have not found some one running it on a fuel injected car, I want to put this in my d15b7 but this is the biggest engine upgrade I've done and don't want to put it in realizing I lost hp, or not working at all. Anyone have experience with the carbed cam? Also I do have a adjustable cam gear to compensate half tooth deal.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,268 Posts
It's for the mechanical fuel pump.

There was a comparison thread a few years back on H-T between the A6 cam and the carb ZC cam, the a6 cam was better i think.
The person that did the measuring will disagree, and it wasn't me.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,268 Posts
kwicko/davens/Tyson might be the one that did the measuring, most likely info is posted on CRX Comm. and/or HondaTech, or NorCal CRX.

He might have dropped in here on my thread about the cams I measured.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the chart I saw was measured by those people, I just haven’t found anyone running that cam. So the fuel pump lobe won’t bother anything?

·
Registered
93 maybe 94 coupe
289 Posts
That cam came in my replacement jdm d15b and it runs on a stock p06 w mpfi fine, but just fine. It feels like it has less bottom end than my usdm b7 and that's in a heavier 4 door w options.

That's w the same intake manifold too. And unfortunately it doesn't pull well up top w b7 intake either.

It DOES feel like it makes peak torque a little higher up than the usdm one, so I'm looking forward to a new intake (y8) and tuning.

Delta said it was same size as a6 cam when I thought it was same as b7 and went for a 260 regrind.

Not sure about lsa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts