Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mkay guys im not fer sure what I shld do I picked up a z6 head my car right now has a single cam d16zc Its tuned on 9.2 on chrome pro garrett t25 I popped my factory paper head gasket so im undecided on putting the z6 head on what are the advantages and disadvantages? Im fer surely getting a mls head gasket and arp head studs my car has a z6 harness and my p06 has been converted to p28 I just am thinking if I shld run it w/o getting it tested I dont want to go threw changing heads and having to rip it back off any tips on making sure the heads good w/o taking it in to a machine shop?? Any info wld be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
use a straight edge and feeler gauges. if there is any warpage past .003 clearance get it milled. it wouldnt be a bad idea that take it to a machine shop to have it pressure tested aswell to make sure all the valves are seating correctly.

i say just take it to a machine shop, have them check the deck on it and pressure test it to be sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alritee sounds good and what about valve guides?? How much movement shld the valves have? some of mine are rele tight and some have a lil movement the heads pretty clean the kid I bought it from said it had an itr vtec cylinoid ferea springs and valves and a skunk 2 cam it looks stock atleast I only payed 70 for it and some old subs lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts