Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like it says, picked her up about 2 days ago and finally goig to drop it in, I currently have a B8 block with a z6 head. the zc is weaker or stronger then the z6? what are your opinions?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
don't know why there are 3 of these posts... but i am gonna say the z6, but i have never owned either engine so....

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Sohc Vtec Zc = Usdm D16z6

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my bad guys on the triple post i had posted them on my phone and my internet was loosing signal so i guess it posted 3 times cause of that, but thanks for the info either way

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
"Susposedly" the zc has a better cam design, almost like a stg 1 xxxxxx cam, but everything else is std Z6. Enjoy!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Whats up guys, new to here. Been trying to find a forum that I can get into. Ive been reading around here and found some usefull posts. I had a D16z6 in my 94 civic, good strong motor. It recently slung a rod trough the Oil pan and dont know if the engine is still good. The engine had bout 217k miles on it so I guess it was time for it to go. But I Had it replaced with the SOHC ZC Vtec and its pretty much plug and play. The reason I picked this engine out was becasuse I had bout 40k miles on it. ALot of people say that the two engines are similiar so I had a question on about that. Since there arent as many JDM parts out there for the ZC that I have, or I havnet seen much, Could I buy performacne parts for the D16 and put them on my ZC. Such as internals? Thanks.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
yes, the internals of the short block are identical.

they just stamped zc instead of d16z6 on the block

1 - 11 of 11 Posts