Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got in from the local races today. Lined up with an ss colbolt (echotec) took him off the line and held him at my rear bumber the whole race. Raced again with same results with him a little further back from my rear bumber not much. Teusday I raced an integra with intake and exhuast, pulled him by 4 cars and he got me off the line nasty. Raced a vr6 jetta hatch and had him by at least 3 cars all but one of the 4 times we raced. He pulled on my once cuz I missed 3rd. When I raced the vr6 I had my 300 pound friend in my car also. the vr6 also had 2 kids which both added up to about 300 pounds so it was pretty even.

just got this swap done and im very happy with it just thought id share my progress

mods.
d16z6 in 91 std ef hatch
si trans
intake
headers, test pipe, cat back
injectors from an accord
front/rear bumber supports removed/replaced with body kit
automatic ecu so it idles weird

·
Registered
05 Wrx
167 Posts
Lets face chevy needs to build a four cylinder that doesn't blow head gaskets before they starting boosting one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sohc Wrath said:
Nice, colbolt's are garbage...
This is true but they are a helluva lot better then that monstrocity of an automobile, the Cavalier. And good job on beating the hell out of those cars!!

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
kwit said:
mods.
d16z6 in 91 std ef hatch
si trans
intake
headers, test pipe, cat back
injectors from an accord
front/rear bumber supports removed/replaced with body kit
automatic ecu so it idles weird
you have a v-6 d16z6?? must be the uber-rare JDM model... :hammer:

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
D16A6T said:
Lets face chevy needs to build a four cylinder that doesn't blow head gaskets before they starting boosting one.
WTF are you talking about? btw its ecotec and its a great motor and cobalt SS are pretty nice little cars, i would know being that i work at a chevy dealer and see them all the time are any of you aware a ecotec 2.2 is can do 500hp on stock internals? and they do not blow headgaskets the 1st gen "quad 4" 2.4 liter dohc motors did and they fixed that the ecotec is a totaly new design and a different motor

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you have a v-6 d16z6?? must be the uber-rare JDM model...

lol my dad owns honda. I get all the new motors even before they come out. lol.

WTF are you talking about? btw its ecotec and its a great motor and cobalt SS are pretty nice little cars, i would know being that i work at a chevy dealer and see them all the time are any of you aware a ecotec 2.2 is can do 500hp on stock internals? and they do not blow headgaskets the 1st gen "quad 4" 2.4 liter dohc motors did and they fixed that the ecotec is a totaly new design and a different motor

well this perticuler colbolt owner talks mad shit. He even had 101 excuses why he lost. This includes "o well my cars stock" and "my cars heavy". felt good to pull on him 2 times.... couldnt even keep up :TU: z6 killa woot woot

·
Registered
05 Wrx
167 Posts
I have had to replace the head gasket on so many ecotec cavs its not funny. My sister had one and I hated it. I jumped for joy when she finally killed the cavalier. Though I do apologize since this is more or less a generalization about the ecotec. I'll still never own one.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
hmmm, I wonder how bad I could hurt a cobalt if you beat one N/A.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i have almost the exact same setup as you with the d16z6 n all upart from the accord injectors and headers, but i am ordering headers, if thats the case, then i shud b rompin, it already dips like a mug

·
Registered
159 Posts
kwit said:
you have a v-6 d16z6?? must be the uber-rare JDM model...

lol my dad owns honda. I get all the new motors even before they come out. lol.

well this perticuler colbolt owner talks mad shit. He even had 101 excuses why he lost. This includes "o well my cars stock" and "my cars heavy". felt good to pull on him 2 times.... couldnt even keep up :TU: z6 killa woot woot
i had one of those v6's but i sold it. couldn't find any aftermarket parts for it. oh well.....btw he meant ec-hoe-tec. probably cause it's a chick car. also, z6 killa...hell yeah, friend of mine has one and i stomped his ass with my z6. it's a lot of fun listening to the excuses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts