Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figures my first post would be a cry for help

Anyways heres my problem i purchased a sohc ZC to replace my original A6 and while i ordered a mpfi zc they sent me a dual carb zc so i swapped the head off my A6 which was recently rebuilt and tweaked did the usual bits new water pump new timing belt new seals arp head bolts MLS head gasket etc etc. Now at the time of the build i didnt bother to set the cam timing cause i had planned on swapping the cam for an exospeed unit so i dropped the motor in got it all hooked up except the engine harness everything looked good nice n new...ish so i decided ok ill drop my cam in today well jacked her up popped the drivers side wheel off went to find TDC and discovered that my nice little ZC motor has some funky timing marks... yay . So the zc pulley has 2 sets of 2 red marks like so ||.................|| now obviously this just wont do... so my question is can i pull my old pulley off my A6 and bolt it up to my ZC and be ok? i was going to just try it and use a long rod to see when the piston was at its peak but figured id ask here and see if anyone had any info.

Yeh writing clearly isnt my forte apologies for the long tale lol

Thanks a ton in advance!

K

·
Registered
11 Posts
prtsonally i would just replace it with the right one but what u say sounds like it should work u might have problems with it in the future but mostlikely u wont..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id love to just leave the zc pulley on there but i have no idea where tdc is on it let alone the proper ignition timing i think i found a white mark on it so im hoping thats tdc but its got 2 red marks grouped with it and then 2 more red marks about 3 inches away so it looks like this R R W .........................................R R ive never seen this before on a honda motor so im a little lost. I even checked a euro concerto shop man and it doesnt match up with the carbed zc info from there either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts