Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen photos (don't know if they're real of photoshoped) and even for sale adds selling civics with f22 and f23 swaps, but every time I try searching, I come up with zero results.

Can anyone post any relevant info for...

F23 sohc vtec
into a 96-00 civic

It seams doable as there are engine mounts and axels available for this swap, but I've never seen a thread on how-to.

p.s.
I'm not looking for an opinion on if it's worth it or not, I'm looking for info on how it's done and who has done it. If you're interested, but don't have any info, bump it anyway.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i am in the middle of an f23 swap. a little harder than the h22 swap, but way more cost effective. the swap will be in hondatuning in july, so make sure you pick up that issue. i realize i have an eg, but it is very similar. search honda-tech.com and you will get some hits.

here is a before and after shot of the swap done in a delsol that is in my area.

Attachments

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
just go to honda-tech and type in f23 and you will get some results. let me know if you need anymore help and i will do what i can. this swap is one that is usually overlooked because of the "mighty" h22. i gave $300 for the motor and its rated at 160hp, 140ft-lbs. can you say, b16 killer for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
240 Posts
just go to honda-tech and type in f23 and you will get some results. let me know if you need anymore help and i will do what i can. this swap is one that is usually overlooked because of the "mighty" h22. i gave $300 for the motor and its rated at 160hp, 140ft-lbs. can you say, b16 killer for a fraction of the cost.
any chance of turboing that sohc??

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
F22 the non vtec SOHC counterpart from the older accord can be boosted like a mofo. I'm asuming the same goes for the f23. The F22 you can bolt up a stock dsm turbo mani by modifying the bolt holes slightly. These motors are tough.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
haha. not yet. you wouldnt believe the number of people that have asked me that. bisi is grinding me a cam for n/a so it should run pretty good. you can read my sig to see the mod list.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
F22 the non vtec SOHC counterpart from the older accord can be boosted like a mofo. I'm asuming the same goes for the f23. The F22 you can bolt up a stock dsm turbo mani by modifying the bolt holes slightly. These motors are tough.
sadly you are incorrect. the f22a2,a4,a6 are totally different than the f22bx, and f23a1,a4. the exhaust ports on the older style head are evenly spaced apart, whereas the f23 and f22b have the two center ports close together with a wide gap between the outer ports. the older style head is what bisi runs on his car. that head is the stuff as far as flow and valvetrain angle goes. if someone has one, they should donate it to me for my build.

ryan

·
Registered
269 Posts
If this is the F22 that comes in the accords 94-whatever they are nice. I would run b16's with no problam back in the day. Nice swap yo! Do you have a rite up?

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
the f22b(whatever) comes in the 94-97 accord, the f22a(whatever) comes in the 4th gen prelude base model and 90-93 accord. i am doin the f23a1 which is out of a 98-02accord, which is what d16rice was asking about.

·
Registered
269 Posts
the f22b(whatever) comes in the 94-97 accord, the f22a(whatever) comes in the 4th gen prelude base model and 90-93 accord. i am doin the f23a1 which is out of a 98-02accord, which is what d16rice was asking about.
Whatever was used to cover my ass. Your build looks sexy and would like to see a parts list or maybe a rite up. :TU:

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
check the pic i posted earlier in the thread. everything else was stock except the mounts. all the way down to the intake and exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
Whatever was used to cover my ass. Your build looks sexy and would like to see a parts list or maybe a rite up. :TU:
yeah. the "whatever" was there because i wasnt sure on what numbers were supposed to be there. i didnt want to confuse people by making them think it was jdm tite yo.

·
Registered
269 Posts
OK just did a mild search on HT and read that some banging and cutting was needed. I see you did it to a CX but I have an EF9.
Now I have to read some more and find out if I can do the same. Did you have to do any banging and cutting?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
F22's make great turbo engine because most had a low CR of about 8.8:1

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I noticed that there's A/C in the first pic (D-series engine)
but no A/C in the second pic (F-series engine)

Did the guy in the delsol just decided to take the A/C out because of weight reduction, or was he worced to do it because the F23 wouldn't fit otherwise?

I love my A/C, especially on those hot, humid summer days :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts