Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not sure if this is even supposed to be here or if i'm aloud to ask this so if i am doing something wrong please delete it and i'm sorry i dont want to get kicked off of here but what i want to know is if anybody can rep somebody who can socket a p28 ecu or if anybody has any spare ones laying around i attempted to socket mine but i am having trouble finding a used desolder station i dont want to get a new one just to do my one ecu i think it would be cheaper to just get one already socketed or just have somebody do it for me i can already get a rom for my setup so i dont need a chipped one just one that is socketed ready to accept a rom so i can tune and keep putting different chips in a zif would be nice too if anybody has any with a zip installed let me know thanks in advance and sorry if i did something wrong i know your not allowed to sell stuff and things like that since i am a noob still

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
i'm not sure if this is even supposed to be here or if i'm aloud to ask this so if i am doing something wrong please delete it and i'm sorry i dont want to get kicked off of here but what i want to know is if anybody can rep somebody who can socket a p28 ecu or if anybody has any spare ones laying around i attempted to socket mine but i am having trouble finding a used desolder station i dont want to get a new one just to do my one ecu i think it would be cheaper to just get one already socketed or just have somebody do it for me i can already get a rom for my setup so i dont need a chipped one just one that is socketed ready to accept a rom so i can tune and keep putting different chips in a zif would be nice too if anybody has any with a zip installed let me know thanks in advance and sorry if i did something wrong i know your not allowed to sell stuff and things like that since i am a noob still
Try using that solder wick at radioshack. It's tedious but it works.

If all else fails I'll socket it for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have always just heated up the solder then pushed a sewing neddle thew it.Do all your holes like this,put your chip in then reheat the solder around your connections.Fast and clean:TU:

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's good to know there are a lot of very accomodating people in this board who understands the situation of us newbies. Unlike in other boards where the new ones easily get tossed around. Cheers to all you guys!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i couldnt agree more thanks to everybody for helping me out since i am a noob i really appreciate it. It sucks when you ask for help and everybody makes fun of you for not knowing shit but Dseries is one of the best websites i have seen :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts