Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
update, update, update. so i've been busy and i found sometime to do more progress.

here's the top version of the flange, thermal gasket and ZCSpeed adapter. it just alittle off but othing to worry about.

so know you can see the uneven steps from OBX itb flange, thremal gasket and the ZCSpeed adapter.

I laid the thermal gasket on the flange traced where i need to remove material.

here's the flange with the trace marks.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
here's the ZCSpeed plate i'm doing to work on. you don't have to but i'm trying to make sure the coolant flows goodand most of all if you see the ZCSpeed adapter is flawless very, very little work needs to be done.

well here's the semi finish port work. i'm just seeing where else in need to grind.

and what the runner look like with work done to them.

here's what it looked like on the head. i started porting my DOHC ZC head but there's still alot of work to be done to make sure everything align up.

Reactions: lkailburn

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
excellent work. the little things like that will really make everything work together that much better. Can't believe there was such a step from each product to begin with tho.

-Luke

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
This kind of prep work is what will make your build have that sense of quality and performance that not all builds have. It blows me away, I am not quite to this level of wrenching.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
excellent work. the little things like that will really make everything work together that much better. Can't believe there was such a step from each product to begin with tho.

-Luke
Don't forget to post your build when you get it done. I smell a NA DOHC ZC.
yes it is and you can see what coming in too.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/148356-damd-mailman-he-did-again.html
http://www.d-series.org/forums/naturally-aspirated/148217-fedex-saturday.html

This kind of prep work is what will make your build have that sense of quality and performance that not all builds have. It blows me away, I am not quite to this level of wrenching.
don't worry, neither was i. i finally got tired of being rape by builders and i learned alot on here.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am liking it.
I was going to do a twin cam but I already had a bunch of z6 looking at me.
after I finish my current project I will do a turbo twin cam.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I am liking it.
I was going to do a twin cam but I already had a bunch of z6 looking at me.
after I finish my current project I will do a turbo twin cam.
lol, i helped a friend do a turbo build and well, i really don't care much for turbo. but every since i was a kid there's always something about ITBs that made me giggle like a school girls. lol. i could never afford a M-Series BMW cause they come with itbs. it wasn't till much later i found out that you could do it to a Honda. it's been a long time coming for this build. my prior problem has always been finding the right ITBs, function, form and price. reguarless with the headache of the cleaning and fixing of the ITBs i'm realy happy with them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
lol, i helped a friend do a turbo build and well, i really don't care much for turbo. but every since i was a kid there's always something about ITBs that made me giggle like a school girls. lol. i could never afford a M-Series BMW cause they come with itbs. it wasn't till much later i found out that you could do it to a Honda. it's been a long time coming for this build. my prior problem has always been finding the right ITBs, function, form and price. reguarless with the headache of the cleaning and fixing of the ITBs i'm realy happy with them.
I totally agree about the sexiness of Itbs having being around quite a few race cars and driven other peoples cars I had to do it as well. the sound and the challenge of doing it on the cheap. cars you would love are the original M1, M6
3.0L 911 with high rise and 180 headers.

I was not a fan of turbos myself till I got involved with porsches and oh boy.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Nice looking work Remo.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,178 Posts
looking good brochacho :TU:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
ok since i'm doing alot of pre work for my build. i should have every part i need by end of summer to have it build in a weekend, but i just found out that i have take a weld test in august for a job. then from what i understand i will probably sent to work in sept to either puerto rico, agentina or mexico to weld for Seimen. so i'm trying to get as much work in before august cause i might have another stand still. lol.

so here's the update:

so i just recieved my RC 370cc injectors from but now the problem. they will not fit into the injector jacket of my OBX ITBs.

this is what it looked like prior opening them up.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

well i'm done, right? nope. if you see it's was bored uneven. again probably the jig slip ot the machine needs to be recaliberated.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

so i had to open it, really do more work to the right side to open it up. now here's the seat worked. i have to clean it with a 60 grit but it's done.

so since im a pipe welder i need to have mirrors to see my root here's me using one of my mirrors to inspect he inside of my work.

so here's another problem i encounter. if look over to the right you see a single rubber gasket. which came with the obx.. it won't fit, neither the ones RC sent with my injectors. no problem, Harbor freight to the rescue...

and now the injector sit proper and center.

one last thing i need to do is to hit it hard with the air hose make sure all shavings are gone.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Bless you for your patience LOL I would have said screw it already
lol, it's call having grown up kids. (18 years old and 19 years old) you learn patience.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.