Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Very nice I'm tempted to put these on the Crx....

How's the throttle cable and tps setup look?
You need to get a tps adapter which can found at circuithero.com

As the throttle cable. You can use your stock but you'll need to be creative.
i was reading your Q&A off your youtube page. i posted below.

How pleased were you with the quality/fitment of the OBX iTB's? I was unable to make out what you did if anything for IACV and FPR on your car, any comments? Seems to idle nicely. - jonny042

The fitment wasn't perfect. But that's to be expected from OBX. LOL. The hole on the cast manifold was not space/drill correctly. I had to use the dremel to to fix that. It wasn't a big issue.

I did took apart the whole thing to inspect it. All gasket are there, no missing nuts or bolts and no crossed thread. 1 of the crush washer on the fuel rail was cut unevenly, so fuel was shooting everywhere on the first fuel prime. - KaibaTuning

I completely remove the IACV. It's not need for my set up. Beside it ran better without it. I had to custom a plate to mount it. As for the FPR. I'm using a brand call "Vision". Preasure is at 48-52psi. It idle nicely because I'm using a syncrometer. It measure the amount air that enter each runner. Each runner have a adjustable idle screw like you would find on your stock throttle body. - KaibaTuning

@ 1:06 right next to my thumb is where the idle screw is at. I had to trim(dremel) that so it's easily accessible.

Btw, those are not the original velocity stack. I decide to use those so I can fit metal mesh screen behind it. - KaibaTuning

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
You need to get a tps adapter which can found at circuithero.com

As the throttle cable. You can use your stock but you'll need to be creative.
Ah very nice what thotle bodies does it come with? Are they are off a specific motorcycle I assume?

Also if it comes with a tps why not just scale it in ectune or any program?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ah very nice what thotle bodies does it come with? Are they are off a specific motorcycle I assume?

Also if it comes with a tps why not just scale it in ectune or any program?
scroll down and you can see the adapter i bought, too. and speaking with Gil from Circuit Hero he stated there's only 10 adapters left once they're gone he's not making anymore.

·
Registered
Everything
387 Posts
The ITB are a replica of Toda A-Sport. It basically from the Toyota Levin/Trueno AE101/AE111 4AGE 20V.

As far as I know. The OBX D series ITB does not include the TPS adapter and/or water coolant fitting. You can order the adapter from circuithero.com and use the factory Honda TPS and calibrate it to spec.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
kaiba is right it doesn't include it. i'm going to use a D16y7/8 coolant nipple cause i can slip it snug tight. but again i have to do a little fabbing to do this.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
cool i will order it right now but look what came in the mail just afew minutes ago...

Circuit Hero TPS adpater

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Why not just run a 4age tps and scale the voltage?

Keep in mind I know nothing about the yota hardware and am ASSuming its electronic

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
something i need to look into.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Excellent work!
thanks you
Looking good Remo I would say no IACV keep up the good work with this!
thanks you, i need to do a little more reading.
this looks friggin awesome. any idea on the completion date?
great job and good patience.
thanks you and patience is a massive virture. lol.

as for completion date... thats a bit hard.

as GO-AUTOWORKS and rcautoworks can say i have a huge order list and asking for some custom parts. i am in the middle of testing for a nuclear power plant for a job. when i get the job my build might come to a halt, not cause of money but more of time. i am trying to buy as much parts that i can for when i'm home on the weekends i can be builing this motor. i just dropped off my short block at the machine shop to get the work i need done.

this will be my tedious build. i will doing a large amount of the work. a lot of measurments and trying for tight clearence to say the least.

this build is not for me to show ppl look what i can do, but more to prove to myself that it's possible to a N/A build what i've plan for years. since i already build a turbo build.(ducks motor was actually my build that i was going to do and i help him do) what makes it hard is that it's a DOHC ZC. it's getting harder to find parts and as ppl know i've been buying as much DOHC ZC parts as i can. so i will say lets see.

i will say i want thank afew ppl for pushing me into the direction i want/need to be.

thanks: Wil @ Exospeed, Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS, rcautoworks and most of all kaiba: dude you've been a huge quantum leap forword and a massive help on this thread and helping me answer alot of question and more question to come.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 79 Posts
Status