Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first and foremost, this will voild the warranty of your OBX ITBs(like everything we do does.) and if you attemp to do the samething i did in this threadand you **** up. don't blame me, i gave you fairwarning. anyway now i shall start.

So i saved up some money for sometime and i decided to splurg since i am in the mist of a new build. why, since my motor is done and drives great. well why not. lol.

i went on ebay and picked up a set of OBX ITBs. now i've seen the all the bad things ppl say about OBX. well alot of it is true, but what ppl tend to forget that when you're building a car, custom or whatever, nothing is never plug and play. there's always a bit of fabbing you need to do.

so i try to put itbs on my head i had to force it and it bowed. i know i had to do a little fabbing to make it work. i bought a ZCSpeed adapter plate to make this fit on my DOHC ZC. jlicrx from thezcr.com ask me for some pics since he fabs the adapter plates and this is kind a a new spin on a itb build. he notice the misalignment i explain to him i know it wasn't his adapter plate but the OBX ITBs. so i started to do work.

so here is my OBX ITBS apart ready to start some work.

here's the flange that need works

now here is the OBX ITBs on the DOHC ZC ZCSpeed adapter plater

the OBX ITB flange on a D16 non-vtec head

i knew it wasn't the flange for the simple reason here's a SOHC gasket on the flange.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and here's the OBX ITB gasket that came with the itbs. it doesn't fit.

now here's what i did is i placed the gasket on the itbs aligned it and marked it where i need to shave.

now here's what it looked like when i opened the holes to align the gasket/head of the SOHC D16.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now here's the runners alignments.

now here's my DOHC ZC with the adapter on.

now here's my DOHC ZC head with a D16y7/8 intake manni.

and now here it is with the OBX ITBs manni on.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and now the DOHC ZC head, ZCSpeed adapter and OBX flange align of the runners. the alignment is almost perfect. why almost? well i still have to do some porting and polishing so it's still normal for a little alignment.

and six hours later of all the work here's my finish flange. well i still have to do some matching from the head to the adapter plate and to the OBX ITBs flange.

Reactions: Pata

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
now i'm gonna still need to post a couple more pics one of the coolant nipple and the TPS adapter i bought from Circuit Hero

just came in:

Circuit Hero TPS adpater

my coolant nipple i get from Summit...

and now the coolant nipple in. i might have to run the tap alittle deeper, so i can screw the nipple deeper

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

UPDATE: page 4

Reactions: BiggieBert

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
jesus those stock zc ports are SOOO BAD!!! look at that casting flash!!!

keep up the good work

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Remo, have I told you lately that you have to be, in fact, the baddest motherfucker on the east coast?

Reactions: remoer

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Damn, that was quite a bit off. Not a terribly hard fix though. Porting looks good, I hope these work out well for you.

lol @ the casting flash in the DOHC ZC ports, definitely need bowl work

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,178 Posts
WOW remo.

u have become one bad sommomobish with fab and adaptation :TU:

very fucken sexy :TU:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice job finising there job??? lol
i'm working on it. Eh?!
LOL :pinch:

mmmm ITB's
i know.
jesus those stock zc ports are SOOO BAD!!! look at that casting flash!!!

keep up the good work
i'm trying to take my building up to another level.
Remo, have I told you lately that you have to be, in fact, the baddest motherfucker on the east coast?
um, yeah... you're still not getting my Bud Light. lol.
Damn, that was quite a bit off. Not a terribly hard fix though. Porting looks good, I hope these work out well for you.

lol @ the casting flash in the DOHC ZC ports, definitely need bowl work
thank ryan. the OBX ITBs are build stout granted alot of the headach has to do with the casting and drill other than that they are great.

so i went to drop off my DOHC ZC short block at the machine shop to start getting work done and he asked me to do some work for him on a 240sx head. so i started cracking out on some head work.

i have to do my DOHC ZC head, three D16 SOHC nonvtec heads, one d16 Vtec head and a 240sx. fuck i have a lot of work to do. lol.

thats why i started on this OBX ITBs.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
awesome work finishing off there lack of work lol. its going to be awesome when its all said and done and tuned.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Very nice I'm tempted to put these on the Crx....

How's the throttle cable and tps setup look?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.