Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always looking at new stuff to play with so i started reading up on some alcohol/water injection threads. Its surprissing that more Honda guys don't run them. I think it would be great on small bore high boost daily Ds.

So post up your experiences and pics, and discuss away.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
nastyhabitzcrx is running it and loves it

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
vtecduck said:
nastyhabitzcrx is running it and loves it
hell yes i do, its good stuff!:p
for the small amount injected you get maximum power off of pump gas. the only drawback is having to handle the stuff since its corrosive as hell.
me and siguy2 went out dataloggin last night, and with the cutout open man was it fun:TU: :beer:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
are you talking about the pure methanol being corrosive? I heard that shit is pretty toxic, what kind of precautions do you guys take when handling it?

what about just using a quality 50/50 windshield mix?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ryan89crx said:
i was going to start a thread on methanol injection, since it seems to be getting more popular. im probably going to research this for my build :TU:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1640097
i thought this thread was pretty informative

It won't do you any good if you can't put the power to the ground. haha... :p

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
evosol said:
are you talking about the pure methanol being corrosive? I heard that shit is pretty toxic, what kind of precautions do you guys take when handling it?

what about just using a quality 50/50 windshield mix?
wear gloves and eye protection when handling. as far as keeping the lines safe, i bought some Redline alcohol fuel lube to keep it from messing up the poly line.
if you do use washer pre-mix make sure you buy the same brand since the content can be diffrent from brand to brand.
alky is great for pushing the max power on pump, and consumtion is low when you only activate it at higher boost levels:beer:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
NastyHabitzCRX said:
wear gloves and eye protection when handling. as far as keeping the lines safe, i bought some Redline alcohol fuel lube to keep it from messing up the poly line.
if you do use washer pre-mix make sure you buy the same brand since the content can be diffrent from brand to brand.
alky is great for pushing the max power on pump, and consumtion is low when you only activate it at higher boost levels:beer:
do you have 2 different maps when you run this stuff? like one map for regular boost, and then one to compensate for the alcohol injection?

if so, set up on a toggle switch and then controlled through Hondata?

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
my alky is controlled via Hondata n2o output. since i am using the s100b this makes to where i can only retard timing and not advance to take advantage of the alky.
sam map jst the 10 psi and above is tuned for alky.
of course the tune is set-up to where i must have the alky on all the time if the boost is over 10psi. seems to be difficult but i havent run across being low on alky and needing to boost more than that.
its not on a toggle so i cant forget to arm it and go boosting hard. the light on the dash tells me if im out of alky and ok to boost hard.:beer:

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
of course i do !:beer:
tank and pump

leds on the center vent, green is on and red system low

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
http://snowperformance.net

my kit has the fluid level upgrade and check valve upragde (in the pic above)
there may be more kits that are the same and have good results. but this one had what i wanted as far as the above upgrades. and i havent heard anything bad about snow so why not?
my experience has been great and would recommend it to anyone:beer:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts