Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love and hate working on cars. I'm a full time student now, and other than school I'm usually completely consumed by downhill skateboarding. Lately I've come back to the forum and have been getting some carwork down because I dislocated my shoulder at a longboarding race, which ended up tearing my labrum and part of my rotator cuff. Things have been recovering quite nicely, and now that I'm out of my sling I've been able to do some wrenching on my civic. It has reminded me how much I like to feel the results of car work!

Anyway, if you don't know what downhill skateboarding is, here are a few videos that I edited and filmed. I'm the guy with the orange vest, and my leathers in 2 of the videos are white/black.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ASwml1yDpD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uvjeNqtYOp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9rg_jL93oxw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k2CZauO-SyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway, obviously this sport is inherently dangerous. However, we take pride in skating as safe as we know how. Canyon roads are skated very early in the morning for reduced traffic, and we stay in our own lane unless we have a spotter in a blind turn, or we can spot the road/turn ahead of us easily. The 2nd video I posted here is a little different, however. It is a closed road where cars have no access, so we are a bit more lenient on the rules. We're nuts about our safety gear (pads, helmets, etc) and each of us is very adept to sliding at VERY high speeds to slow down quickly. In fact, we can slow down just as quickly (many times even quicker) as a someone on a bike. Speaking of which, my older brother is an avid road biker. The canyon road in the first video is a local favorite for bikers, and I've skated down alongside my brother on his bike - so much fun.

Just figured I'd share another skateboarding discipline. I used to street skate back in highschool, but once I found longboarding I couldn't help but fall in love with the exciting rush it gives. Hope you guys enjoy the videos!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I do alot of work on my truck, and neighborhood cars. Alot of RC trucks with my daughters and wife. Gran Turismo, GT Academy....And when the sun goes down, firepit and beer!

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
When I'm not working one of my two jobs Im either working on car's/truck's/bike's other than that the main thing I do is spend time with the wife and kids.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuck skate boards. I would kill myself on one.

Hahah, that's exactly how I feel about motorcycles!! I was riding my buddy's bike, wrecked, and gave myself a really bad concussion (was wearing a helmet). I wasn't even going fast, either. Hah. Anyway, now bikes scare the SHIT out of me. I don't dare buy one, because I would totally kill myself. Skating, on the other hand, I feel MUCH safer doing. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
I like to play some video games too, I like the dirt series and call of duty of course. I don't have good internet at the house so no online playing for me. Also hiking, golfing, fishing, 4 wheeling is awesome but those all require getting someone to do it with you. Also I suck at golf but still love to play.

EDIT: Oh yeah and guns. Ruger 10/22 is one of my favorites to play with.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea ive never driven a bike. they intimidate me.

ive skated most my life so i feel no problems on a board.
I'm with ya on that. Also, I used to be into computers for quite some time. Now I don't mess with them, although I did build my current PC - so I suppose I still know the basics! Hah.

Shoot stuff...meaning guns and camera work.
Nice! I used to have a springfield xd-45 compact. I loved it. Sold it, and now I've got a little Canon Rebel T3 - still have a lot to learn, though.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
I like to play some video games too, I like the dirt series and call of duty of course. I don't have good internet at the house so no online playing for me. Also hiking, golfing, fishing, 4 wheeling is awesome but those all require getting someone to do it with you. Also I suck at golf but still love to play.

EDIT: Oh yeah and guns. Ruger 10/22 is one of my favorites to play with.
i just got dirt2, dirt3, and dirt showdown on steam for $16 during there sale. there fun games

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Im am playing dirt2 on my laptop now, that shit is fun, I use my xbox controller and it works good, always with a manual shift too. I need to move my difficulty up again, I keep owning on serious mode.

I will be getting the other games eventually.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Fly Planes, Yoyo, Play with Lasers, Whip the Computer, Build Cars, Get Head, Go to Class, Get Money, Smoke Weed, Drink Drank, Trip on Psychedelics, Learn.

Repeat

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I don't do much besides work on cars and race. I spend a lot of time on Gran Turismo, especially when GT Academy is out, and when a good FPS comes out I play it for a while.

I also go to renaissance faires with my wife and her family, but it's usually only once or twice a year. It's a lot of fun, I'll dress up but don't get so into it that I speak with a fake accent haha.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Street bike (VFR 750) Quad (TRX 300) and speckled trout fishing with my kids in the many brooks we have here

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
There is other things besides cars? When Im not tinkering with the Sol, I got my ole CB7 Ex lol

Other than that, I eat and sleep. Just sayin

1 - 20 of 53 Posts