Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoever wanted it REALLY wanted it- I had an Autolock Anti-theft device on it when it was stolen.

I guess no more turbo build up for me.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Thats no protection.

What alarm did you have?
What other preventative measures was used to keep theives at bay?

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats no protection.

What alarm did you have?
What other preventative measures was used to keep theives at bay?
Autolocks are hardened steel locks that lock the clutch/brake pedal in the "up" position so it can't be turned on or put into gear. Waaay better than a noisy alarm everybody ignores.

Whoever did it got it off and drove the car away.

Around here civics usually disappear and are found as rollers. I guess those 8 valve b8 motors are pieces of envy and desire... :ROFL:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
lock the steering column with a big ass lock and its impossible to steal. only way to steal it is cut the lock with power tools which would take an hour. A person i knew did this after I told him too and his car was stolen but the dude couldn't turn the car so ran into a curb and left it. I do something a little different on my car but i cant tell anyone lol. down here a honda is stolen every day

alarms are useless really. down here there have been thieves that have stole carsand drove off while the alarm was going off

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I take out my ecu.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
agreed with esotericimage, dude.

anything security measure by itself will eventually fail.

security must be thought in terms of layers.

if they want to steal your car, yes they will do so. but that doesn't mean you have to make it easier for them to steal it.

good luck, hope you get her safe and sound.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
damn man that sucks, I hate how useless fucks can take someone else's hard earned investments. around here I can leave my keys in the ignition for a month an no one will touch it

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
damn man that sucks, I hate how useless fucks can take someone else's hard earned investments. around here I can leave my keys in the ignition for a month an no one will touch it
I feel the same way. I see so many hondas stolen and in my area any car theft is unheard of. OP, I hope you get your car back in decent shape and I hope whoever stole it gets their hands cut off.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
if you only had the clutch locked you can still drive it, just put it in gear then start it and rev match to shift no need for a clutch, but a brake lock thats a different story. sorry to hear about your car and i hope you get it back, theft is one of my worst fears for my car

·
Registered
472 Posts
I take out my ecu as well. Unless you have a basemap set for my injector and what not on your own ecu you plug in you aren't going to get my car started or running halfway decent and I'll have heard you by then because of my exhaust. I also have the nrg steering wheel lock for my quick release, so you are stuck steering by the lock.

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
Sorry to hear man, hope it returns in one piece...

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
lock the steering column with a big ass lock and its impossible to steal. only way to steal it is cut the lock with power tools which would take an hour. A person i knew did this after I told him too and his car was stolen but the dude couldn't turn the car so ran into a curb and left it. I do something a little different on my car but i cant tell anyone lol. down here a honda is stolen every day

alarms are useless really. down here there have been thieves that have stole carsand drove off while the alarm was going off

Gotta get me in the loop. What's the secret? :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts