Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin has a turbo diesel Ram, and after a few tickets and some not-so-wanted attention from the local PD, he decided to take off his stack in an effort to go more of a 'sleeper' route... So, he had a bunch of mandrel bent 4" piping just taking up space and his mom was yelling at him to get rid of it...so he pawned it off on me...

I'm wanting to build a new exhaust for my car, since it is now a track-only car...and I have a couple options...

1. Cut up my ebay-special 2.5" exhaust...
2. Buy some 3" pipe...
3. Use the monster 4" pipe...

I don't want to go all the way to the back, so my exit options are:

1. Ahead of the left front tire. (out the bumper cover)
2. Just behind the right front tire.
3. Just ahead of the right rear tire.

The thing I'm worried about by going out the side (behind front/ahead of the rear) is ground clearance because there's only about 5" clearance at ride, and with a 3" pipe, I'll only have 2" minus clearance between the pipe and chassis.

Also, I don't have a monster turbo...it's just the td04-19t from the greddy kit and I'll only be making around 200whp...

So....what do you guys think?!?!?!

·
Registered
752 Posts
for 200whp i would prolly go with 2.5 or the 3 in...deffintly not the 4..your best bet would be the 3in

·
Registered
162 Posts
if its a track only car, why have an exhaust system? Unlike N/A cars, turbo cars dont have a "max" diameter for exhaust. Just run an open down pipe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Some of the DSM guys use 4" pipe and run it right out the front bumper. Its loud and makes a mess out of the side of the car. If you are going to route it under the car I would use the 3". I think you will find it easier to get it to fit.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
since you already have it go ahead and try it.
but for 200 hp a 4" exhaust is wayy overkill. even for my settup.
id personally go 3" max.
otherwise just run an open downpipe.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
Yeah, it'll basically be open...no res/cat/muffler... I highly doubt the 4" would really make a difference over 3".....at least with as low hp I'm running...

I'm thinking 3" out the side of the bumper...
michigan state police will love that. stay out of wayne county if you do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts