Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its spring break, so that means i get to work on my civic more! :TD:

anyway, now it turns over, but the main relay clicks forever and it won't start.

the fuel pump doesn't prime either.... is this the main relay failing or is it something else?

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Hey, did you by any chance, check the main relay? I'd start there.

Good luck! (Answering your own questions is fun, right?)

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked it, the solder joints are all fine.

this is how I feel about my civic;

·
6,710 Posts
now when you say you "Checked it"...did you swap it out for a different one, or did you just open it up and say "looks good :TU: "??

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uhhh.... I did the second one.

how much would a new main relay cost somewhere?
the solder on this old one is fine, no cracked joints or anything

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually prodded and poked and I think i may have found a marginal solder joint... I'm gonna reflow it (when I find my damn soldering iron) and report back.

·
Registered
353 Posts
yeah but if you live in a small town full of huge truck drivers and "american made" brain washed red necks that think just because it's got a bow tie or Ford stamped on it, it's made by their neighbors and family members, you might have a hard time finding ANY imports in a junk yard. That might have been the longest run-on-sentence ever.

Oh! and if you buy a used one with, who knows how many miles, on it already, you're probably just going to have the same problem later. Just some words for thought. If I was able to buy a couple of $15 junkyard ones and just keep on in the car as a backup, I would by all means do it.

·
6,710 Posts
yeah but if you live in a small town full of huge truck drivers and "american made" brain washed red necks that think just because it's got a bow tie or Ford stamped on it, it's made by their neighbors and family members, you might have a hard time finding ANY imports in a junk yard. That might have been the longest run-on-sentence ever.

Oh! and if you buy a used one with, who knows how many miles, on it already, you're probably just going to have the same problem later. Just some words for thought. If I was able to buy a couple of $15 junkyard ones and just keep on in the car as a backup, I would by all means do it.
I only buy those used, no point buying a brand new one when a used one works fine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
yeah the point being though is, how long do they work for before your stranded or having to make ANOTHER trip to the junk yard. I'm not supporting one way or the other. Just making the pros and cons of each known.

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I reflowed the solder... I think the main relay is fine.

what could cause the relay to click continuously when I turn the key to the on position?

·
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm, anyone got a chipped OBD1 ecu I can borrow? lol

I should probably verify my wiring a bit more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts