Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the guys on here know I am in a punk/hardcore band (REACH on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads) out here in California. We just got 4 songs recorded (at great quality) and we have 2 up on our myspace. We will be releasing the EP on cd's and 7" vinyl. Check it out guys! We will be on mini tour this winter too in :
Dec. 26th - Bay Area, CA
Dec. 27th - Salinas, CA
Dec. 28th - Los Angeles, CA
Dec. 29th - Tucson, AZ
Dec. 30th - Albuquerque, NM
Dec. 31st - (DAY OFF)
Jan. 1st - Flagstaff, AZ
Jan. 2nd - Las Vegas, NV
Jan. 3rd - Salt Lake City, UT
Jan. 4th - Twin Falls, ID
Jan. 5th - Belfair, WA
Jan. 6th - Portland, OR
Jan. 7th - Redding, CA
Jan. 8th - Reno, NV
Jan. 9th - Sacramento, CA
Come check it out if you are close. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
man all that talk of you bein in a band on aim and this is the first i heard ya. Pretty decent man

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man all that talk of you bein in a band on aim and this is the first i heard ya. Pretty decent man
Hah thanks man. I know its not everybodys cup of tea, but we enjoy it and it takes us to cool places.
Pretty good!
I didn't even know you have a band.

I miss my band days...It just isn't what it used to be...
Yea, I have been in two bands in the last 5 years. This one is by far my favorite. The music scene pretty much took a crap out here. We still try and keep it going for the people who actually like it, but there are just so many posers now.
shouldve hit CO...since your going to NM UT and AZ...
I am not actually booking the tour. I think going through UT and any surrounding area is a bad idea because we will be traveling in this with 5 guys:

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
I am not actually booking the tour. I think going through UT and any surrounding area is a bad idea because we will be traveling in this with 5 guys:
bAlLeR RiDe!!! THROW SOME DONK WHEELS ON DAT BITCH AN GHOST RIDE DA WHIP! HAHA

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
i am not actually booking the tour. I think going through ut and any surrounding area is a bad idea because we will be traveling in this with 5 guys:

haz nawz huh!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does alright with the 2.2L/4 speed. It can do 70 mph and that is good enough for us!

·
Registered
2000 4dr civic dx
357 Posts
I agree.
Posers ruined the image of the real musicians.
Now we are seen as no different from the posers in the public eye.
It's such a shame really :pinch:

Anyways, RX Bandits are coming here!
I forgot when though :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any one close to the cities we will be stopping in?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd come see you play if you came closer to KC but that's a little ways away from where you're headed. I wish my bands would have ever done a mini-tour. We recorded some stuff, but nothing really serious. Our biggest gig was for a local radio station at a bar, but only because at the time we had their morning show guy in our band. He was horrible, but we were doing it for the exposure. Good luck to you guys.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I will probably be in abq when your there. you playing at the sunshine or what?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pretty solid sound. Stylistically not my cup of tea, but all-in-all pretty good. Drummer falls a hair off beat here and there. Noticeable in the first song the most on the kick.
What time and where are you playing Jan 2nd, permitting I dont get outa work late i might shoot down and see you.

I dont have any tunes up yet, my group is new and havent recorded. But add me at myspace.com/piecesofymir. We should have something up in the next month, even if its not top notch recording.

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd come see you play if you came closer to KC but that's a little ways away from where you're headed. I wish my bands would have ever done a mini-tour. We recorded some stuff, but nothing really serious. Our biggest gig was for a local radio station at a bar, but only because at the time we had their morning show guy in our band. He was horrible, but we were doing it for the exposure. Good luck to you guys.
We would try to move farther north but it is time constraints that limit us. Based on how well this goes we will be trying to do a 1-2 month tour in the summer, or something along those lines.
I will probably be in abq when your there. you playing at the sunshine or what?
Umm I just checked it out it says "Indian School" what ever that is
Pretty solid sound. Stylistically not my cup of tea, but all-in-all pretty good. Drummer falls a hair off beat here and there. Noticeable in the first song the most on the kick.
What time and where are you playing Jan 2nd, permitting I dont get outa work late i might shoot down and see you.
Well the recording sounds awesome for what we paid for it, and as for the kick falling off a bit, it is the disadvantage to recording live instead of a click track. We also get an out because we can just say its "punk."

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
It does alright with the 2.2L/4 speed. It can do 70 mph and that is good enough for us![/QUOTE

70mph???? Maybe the vtec is not activating!!!!! LOL
Is funny to see you guys travelling in that thing, but how awsome would be when you guys make it big time and talk about your humble beginings.

Wish you guys the best of luck!!

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we got our CD released at the show and sold 30+ copies so it was alright. Then we sold a bunch more merch at the next show in Fresno.
Album Cover:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Shirts:

Show: (It gets good at about 3 mins)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJXNcVtiWQ

1 - 20 of 23 Posts