Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my "aunt-in-law" within the last month purchased a 2008 Accord 5sp (yes...soccer mom with a 5sp!). She had been wondering what this metal chatter noise was; she had thought it might have been the clutch. So she brings it over to me today and I'm checking it over. I do a quick test drive and under exhaust breaking I can easily hear it and it sounds like loud valvetrain noise. I'm thinking that the valve lash might be out of spec on the K24Z2. But first things first, check the oil. Ummmmm, OIL IS NOT REGISTERING AT ALL ON THE STICK! I put in TWO QUARTS of oil to top it off, and the noise is gone. On the outside I was like, its okay...it'll live another day. On the inside I was like...OMG, are you kidding me?

Anyhow, because of this I've been dubbed the "Honda whisperer". Lol!

Feel free to post your good deed for the day!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Gave a guy a ride to a gas station when his POS dump truck ran outta fuel; it was a nice day, but it was also a few miles to fuel.

Got me a 20 oz. Mt Dew, win enough.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Gave a guy a ride to a gas station when his POS dump truck ran outta fuel; it was a nice day, but it was also a few miles to fuel.

Got me a 20 oz. Mt Dew, win enough.
Small token means A LOT.

Tonight I took my Mom, son, his wife and my grandson to dinner. My DIY din't know I was paying and ordered Hawaiian Fajitas. When the bill came I snatched it up. I simply said "you get the small part (tip)".....

Family Dinner Saturday (FDS), she finally knew what it means. Explained it needs to happen once a month, she agreed.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I went to best buy to look at some tv's I look down at the floor and found someone debit card so I turned it in to the cashier, that was my good deed

·
セックス大好&#
503 Posts
I bought a monster for one of my coworkers today, not that big of a deal really. I always try to do nice things for people though

·
セックス大好&#
503 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
4,831 Posts
I went to best buy to look at some tv's I look down at the floor and found someone debit card so I turned it in to the cashier, that was my good deed
Said cashier rings up a $6,000 spending spree.

My good deed is usually not murdering everyone I see. You're welcome!

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
So my "aunt-in-law" within the last month purchased a 2008 Accord 5sp (yes...soccer mom with a 5sp!). She had been wondering what this metal chatter noise was; she had thought it might have been the clutch. So she brings it over to me today and I'm checking it over. I do a quick test drive and under exhaust breaking I can easily hear it and it sounds like loud valvetrain noise. I'm thinking that the valve lash might be out of spec on the K24Z2. But first things first, check the oil. Ummmmm, OIL IS NOT REGISTERING AT ALL ON THE STICK! I put in TWO QUARTS of oil to top it off, and the noise is gone. On the outside I was like, its okay...it'll live another day. On the inside I was like...OMG, are you kidding me?

Anyhow, because of this I've been dubbed the "Honda whisperer". Lol!

Feel free to post your good deed for the day!
I do to many to list lol.

and my sister in law ran her pt cruiser without oil for 2days. the oil was on and she was still driving it lol.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm a wrecker driver. I'll help you off the side of the road. Then, I'll repossess your vehicle if you're delinquent on your car note.

Cancels each other out...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Fixed a flat tire on my 81yr old neighbors(with COPD) electric trike a few days ago.
He asked me how much I charge, I said nothing.
Then he tried to "tip" me, I still refused. Ha!!!

So tomorrow I'm trimming his Palm tree in his front yard.
Again for free. Gives me an excuse to use my new pole saw!!!!! =]

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I looked at a misfire my mother-in-law had yesterday. Pulled the #1 plug, caked with oil and grim (seals are sticking out of the VC). Tried to pull #2-#4, couldn't get them to budge and I wasn't about to be responsible for pulling the head off that car. She bought it from me and my wife (used to be my wife's car) and has since ran it thoroughly into the ground. I'd be surprised if it's got 1 straight body panel, engine bay looks like it was set on fire, she's been burning incense in it (to cover up the obvious cigarette smoke), and there's now a weird film over all the inside of the windows...

Good deed: turned wrench on MIL's car for free.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Im the neighborhood "Computer Geek" and "Car fixer guy." People I dont even know show up at my door with a virus laden laptop like, "My neighbor said you could fix this..." Then random people stop in front of my driveway while I wrenching and ask me to listen to a noise, or what I would charge for an oil change. I just tell them to bring the car, and shadow me so i can teach them how to do it themselves next time.

I charge nothing for either, but regularly recieve beer. Happy Happy Happy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Im the neighborhood "Computer Geek" and "Car fixer guy." People I dont even know show up at my door with a virus laden laptop like, "My neighbor said you could fix this..." Then random people stop in front of my driveway while I wrenching and ask me to listen to a noise, or what I would charge for an oil change. I just tell them to bring the car, and shadow me so i can teach them how to do it themselves next time.

I charge nothing for either, but regularly recieve beer. Happy Happy Happy.
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts