Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im really down on spending money i just picked up a sohc ZC block that needs resurfacing and im planning to slap my z6 head on there, but the other problem is that i have to take out the internals from the block and knowing that i would have to get a whole new set of rod,main bearings and thrust washers, the only money i have is for a HD gasket and resufacing, what can i do?

should i just mill my z6 head at 0.030" and a new HD gasket and back on my z6 block

or somebody buy or hook me up on a good deal on ACL bearings for the sohc ZC so i can resurface and put it back together and run some good compression and torque

·
Registered
936 Posts
you don't necessaryly have to replace the bearings. only if they're out of spec do you change them. and how do you know that it needs resurfacing? straight edged and checked with fealer?

if you have a z6 already why are you doing the change-over. higher compression?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just changing the block to get high compression because of its pistons the z6 pistons is pretty low and bowl type while the sohc zc is a little higher

i want to resurface the block because the headgasket has been there and never changed where its just complete stuck on to the block

·
Registered
936 Posts
i'd take a razor to it first. then with the proper tools measure if there's warping of the deck. save a few hundred dollars. if you want higher compression go with a y8 head and port that yourself and you'll have higher compression and ok flow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts