Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is purely hypothetical:rolleyes: but if i were to boost the auto what turbo you all recommend? Mods will be a bisi cam of either the level1 or custom, ported Y8 manifold and probably a 2.25in exhuast with maybe a cutout not sure yet. Ive been leaning towards either a t25 or t3 .45trim not sure yet. im lookin to make maybe 170hp and no more than probably 7 or 8psi. Id like to have full spool by about 3500. I want the quick spool obv. cuz of the auto. It needs to be AC and PS compatible aswell.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I believe a T3 with a good tune would net your 170whp goal very easily, exceed is more like it, but I'd consider a bigger exhaust for boost.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
save the money to convert to a 5 speed man its the best mod you can do at the moment aside from boost.

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
I would think by now some one of the after market tranny companies would have something out there for your trans.

Check out the adds in the magazines and see if you can find something.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
from what i've read on here from several people that know there shit is that the auto trannys can hold right around 150whp anything after that and your tranny will take a shit. swap to a five speed and then boost it. if you wanna boost i say shoot a bit lower like 150whp and a small turbo t25 or somthin like that that will get you to full boost sooner since your not looking for big numbers

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can a slowmatic be tuned?
yeah but the OBDII motors have to use a piggyback of some sort, im going to use the emanage or emanage ultimate
I would think by now some one of the after market tranny companies would have something out there for your trans.

Check out the adds in the magazines and see if you can find something.
lvl10 has stuff but my god its outrageous
from what i've read on here from several people that know there shit is that the auto trannys can hold right around 150whp anything after that and your tranny will take a shit. swap to a five speed and then boost it. if you wanna boost i say shoot a bit lower like 150whp and a small turbo t25 or somthin like that that will get you to full boost sooner since your not looking for big numbers
they can take more than that you just need to run a trans cooler. There someone here running one on an A6/Y8 mini-me with nitrous running 13's. I honestly dont want to go 5spd, id rather keep this for all the city/traffic driving i do, id be shifting way to much

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
auto tranny go boom. not gonna see more then 150. any it will mostly be lost in the tranny anyway. and piggy backs are not very good. convert to obd1 and chip the ecu. much better option. in the end it wont be worth boosting it.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
id rather keep this for all the city/traffic driving i do, id be shifting way to much
lies! lol I sit in traffic for like a half an hour a day barely inching foward, and when I was driving pizza's I'd drive over 100 miles every day.

You can't shift to much!?!?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
auto tranny go boom. not gonna see more then 150. any it will mostly be lost in the tranny anyway. and piggy backs are not very good. convert to obd1 and chip the ecu. much better option. in the end it wont be worth boosting it.
you cant convert an OBDII auto to OBDI, you have to piggyback

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guess you missed this thread? http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99696

There is no porting you can do to a manifold that will help it without cutting open the plenum. Don't mess with it. You'll lose low end and gain nothing up top.
no i saw that thread but it really has nothing to do with me except the power levels, and i plan to cut open the plenum for porting, already working on doing a z6 one, i have a thread in engine building about it:wheelchair:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
yeah but the OBDII motors have to use a piggyback of some sort, im going to use the emanage or emanage ultimate

lvl10 has stuff but my god its outrageous

they can take more than that you just need to run a trans cooler. There someone here running one on an A6/Y8 mini-me with nitrous running 13's. I honestly dont want to go 5spd, id rather keep this for all the city/traffic driving i do, id be shifting way to much
hey as far as a piggy back unit use the aem f/ic thats what im using...in fact im taking it out and going to use a aem ems....if you want ill sell ya the piggy back and wired harness....

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmm f/ic, ill have to research that. if ti seems good ill hit ya up bout that man

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is purely hypothetical:rolleyes: but if i were to boost the auto what turbo you all recommend? Mods will be a bisi cam of either the level1 or custom, ported Y8 manifold and probably a 2.25in exhuast with maybe a cutout not sure yet. Ive been leaning towards either a t25 or t3 .45trim not sure yet. im lookin to make maybe 170hp and no more than probably 7 or 8psi. Id like to have full spool by about 3500. I want the quick spool obv. cuz of the auto. It needs to be AC and PS compatible aswell.
youll be wanting more power cause with an automatic you cannot feel much power. better to convert to manual first then boost after

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn just looked that up, what version you got? that thing seems way better than the emanage ultimate and cheaper too

1 - 20 of 28 Posts