Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally forked over the money and purchased an obx lsd. It was $390 shipped, i just hope it works as good for me as it has for other people. I know alot of how well it works and holds up is based on the install.

does anyone have a write up on the actual shimming that is required with this unit?

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats! are you going to do the install yourself?
no not totally by myself. When my ISB went out, a friend of my dads helped me replace that, along with a few gears. He is going to be the one helping me rebuild my motor and he is also going to help me with the lsd install. Basically, ive never done any internal engine work to this extent before, and on my turbo build i am just trying to learn, and he is there to help me out and make sure it gets done correctly.

I just wanted to see if i could find a good write up on the shimming proccess.

I'll get some pics up of the lsd as soon as it arrives :TU:

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
no fair. i want an lsd. i cant justify the money yet. when i do an lsd, i would also like to do a zc 3-4 gear swap and a 4.9fd swap. your car is going to hall ass.

ryan

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no fair. i want an lsd. i cant justify the money yet. when i do an lsd, i would also like to do a zc 3-4 gear swap and a 4.9fd swap. your car is going to hall ass.

ryan

i hope it does haul ass. It damn well better with 300whp..........all i want is a 12.9 with some drag radials.

anyways, i think the zc 3-4 gears and final drive would work with your build better than with mine. but i think since you were pulling in the money like noones business up in omaha, you should nut up and buy an lsd.............and the gears!!! I spent my hard earned money on a good cause, i think you should too. I mean, sure you bought a new motor and a bike, but is that really enough..................I think not!!!

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i hope it does haul ass. It damn well better with 300whp..........all i want is a 12.9 with some drag radials.

anyways, i think the zc 3-4 gears and final drive would work with your build better than with mine. but i think since you were pulling in the money like noones business up in omaha, you should nut up and buy an lsd.............and the gears!!! I spent my hard earned money on a good cause, i think you should too. I mean, sure you bought a new motor and a bike, but is that really enough..................I think not!!!
damn right. i should buy it. but it would total like $1000. i will have to keep convincing myself it is worth it.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn right. i should buy it. but it would total like $1000. i will have to keep convincing myself it is worth it.
$1000 huh? well im pretty sure that we just got done pulling in about $1400 a week. So basically, take less than a weeks pay, nut up, and buy the lsd, final drive, and zc gears.

i think you should go for the 12.9 all motor d.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i wonder if it is even possible to go that fast. i will start a post and see what people say.

ryan

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
so am I!

ZXi just sitting here.........

CRX Si with .702 5th, already has stronger 5g diff.....had about 15-20k miles when opened.........

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,203 Posts

ryan
Cool, I'm putting in those exact parts these days. have them all laying around, waiting to be put in :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Cool, I'm putting in those exact parts these days. have them all laying around, waiting to be put in :)
me too :p

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
i'm in lust and drooling bense. :TU:

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
both you guys suck. i want those parts so bad. i just dont want to drop $1k right now. maybe this summer when i am working more.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
i dont even know what im looking at...lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts