Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been ages but I'm back in a Honda. Not sure of the plans as of yet. Bone stock resto? Boost? (Build and boost probably). This is a weird one I need to dig deeper into as it has a 3rd gen DOHC ZC in it 🤷‍♂️.

Lots of interesting goodies however so I couldn't pass it up. Nearly ZERO rust, moonroof functions, power folding mirrors function, oem mudflaps whaaaat, arm rest. Motor is tired af but for the price its stupid clean. More pics to come.
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,921 Posts
I mean if you don’t want that DOHC ZC lol…….I know a guy…….

But seriously, that’s an engine I build a lot in the shop and actually have a lot of cool new parts coming out for. Mostly a carbon fiber upper timing cover, new forged pistons that are available in any compression ratio (8.0-15:1), and can be had in 76mm unlike previous pistons, and a newly designed intake manifold for the ZC mount flange specifically. That’s if you really want to build it for turbo. We can help you bring it back and ZC’s love boost.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean if you don’t want that DOHC ZC lol…….I know a guy……. That’s if you really want to build it for turbo. We can help you bring it back and ZC’s love boost.
As much as I know about most "common" d-series, I know squat about the DOHC ZC. I will definatly be needing some guidance and research with this one should I choose to keep it. If a Z6 crosses my path however...

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't cleaned it nadda. Drove it home an hour and this is it. Power folding mirrors, sunroof sort of works, A/C actually works so it's a start. Seats are not ripped, doors not torn I think its a damn fine baseline. Wing gotta go, blue carpet gotta go but other
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light
Motor vehicle Fixture Gas Automotive exterior Auto part
Blue Motor vehicle Textile Automotive design Comfort
Gas Font Electronic device Machine Metal
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

than that I dig it.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update time:

Still waiting on the machine shop 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 2 weeks has turned into 5 weeks and counting. Not sure at this point if I'll make the CHD event at this rate.

Carpet is mostly in, A/C control head repaired, some old school audio wired up (radio pocket was cut up from a cup holder so I added an old EQ I had) rear storage cover has been reinforced and recovered. The cargo cover is patched up and hope to tackle the seat bolsters on this 3 day weekend
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Vehicle Yellow Trunk
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel

and well, just the waiting game now hah.
Car Vehicle Steering wheel Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,921 Posts
Ohhh, she has a console.........: ) Super rare now, unless its a printed one. Temp control is looking minty fresh. You gonna roll with some OG's at CHD this year? It isn't that far.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhh, she has a console.........: ) Super rare now, unless its a printed one. You gonna roll with some OG's at CHD this year?
It's a real console hah. Actually recovering it and replacing the foam. Looks like someone covered it with a t-shirt 20 years ago 😂. Right now its up to the machine shop if I'll make CHD. I can slap it together in a weekend if they ever get the block done. Just a simple hot tank, bore and hone thats it! 5 weeks 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I did get the rest of the interior done. Well, the back half at least. Side storage bins, cover, the divider and the rear hatch done. Working on the seats this week.
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk

Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior Trunk Laptop Personal luxury car
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This sucks. Evergreen pistons are backwards af. Am I losing my mind or is the arrow backwards? Arrow should point to the timing belt correct? So, piston and rod in front of me, arrow left, oil port facing me and rod cap number facing me. Thats all good.

However, the INTAKE reliefs are clearly going to be on the wrong side. Halfway through assembly, sure as shit, with the arrow facing the timing belt, the intake reliefs are on the exhaust side smdh.

Back to the drawing board. Looks like I will not be making it to CHD7 as these rods have to go back to the machine shop and get pressed the correct wrong way.

Automotive tire Finger Gas Household hardware Nickel
Automotive tire Grey Automotive lighting Font Circle

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup, pistons are marked correctly, IN to intake valve side, and arrows point to the flywheel side.

Vitara's are the same way.
So these 100% need to be repressed 180. Otherwise, the oil hole will be on the wrong side. Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply just to verify wtf I'm seeing lol. I knew vitaras were that way, but these were supposedly just OEM replacements.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,418 Posts
So these 100% need to be repressed 180. Otherwise, the oil hole will be on the wrong side. Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply just to verify wtf I'm seeing lol. I knew vitaras were that way, but these were supposedly just OEM replacements.
The reason is these aftermarket pistons that say "we work in a D16" also work in a crap ton of other engines.

Honda is the oddball, since timing components on our engines are on the driver side/CCW crank rotation, whereas every other 4 cylinder from the same era does components on the passenger side/CW rotation.

The arrows will point to the timing components on EVERY other engine, EXCEPT hondas of our era lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts