Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this the other day and it was so freaking good that I made it again tonight for my girlfriend and her family and it was a huge success, and since I made it the other day I could totally remember how to make it, so they all thought I was some kind of genius and loved it! Now I'm some kind of god with cooking in her families eyes let just home next time I can find another recie this good so I don't screw it all up!! here's a link to this amazing pork tip roast from Costco made in a crock pot! check it out and let me know what you think!

Crock Pot Pork Roast Recipe Using Costco Pork Sirloin Tip Roast | DoubleBugs

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Involves a crock pot, I won't touch it...

The only thing they do well is make crappy leftovers (cause you didn't wanna eat it the first time). I'd much rather put that meat on the smoker.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AWEBB ... your missing out! The crock pot slow cooks it in juices and broth and makes it so tender and juicy its incredible! I say don't knock it till you try it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The crock pot is great, especially for pork, which can get dry on the grill sometimes. My favorite thing to cook in the crock pot is pulled pork sandwiches....paired with homemade sauce......its heavenly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yummy I love me some pulled pork sandwiches!! you got a recipe?

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
awebb, you cannot tend to your smoker while working.

THAT is where the crock pot shines.
Oh to the contrary, my smoker has run 12 straight hours before with 0 input / attention from me. And now with my remote thermometer, I don't even have to go outside to look at the meat / ambient temp. Heck I've even thrown a Boston Butt on there before I crawled on bed and had beautiful pulled pork for lunch...

Plus my wife is a stay at home mom, so she can easily monitor things for me. :D

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The trick with a crockpot is to sear the meat before hand if you are dealing with a large piece, and to not over cook it. Fattier pieces of meet have WAY more leeway, but lean pieces will dry out early in a crockpot, so pork can go either way depending on the cut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts