Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my GT2560R turbo and Greddy manifold in the mail marking the beginning of a long turbo build for my girls' car. It's going to be a DD making 200-300whp. The plans are as follows...

EJ1 D16Z6
Greddy cast manifold
GT2560R Turbo
Sealed/No Waste Gate
GO-AUTOWORKS Pro GT/BB turbocharger Complete Oil & Water line kit
Go-Autoworks Civic Race Piping Kit
Go-Autoworks Medium Intercooler
Synapse Synchronic BOV
VRS Exhaust 2.5" tubing Kit
Magnaflow Muffler
2.5" Down Pipe
RC 750cc High imp. Injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
All Aluminum Radiator
Silicone Radiator Hose Kit
Oil Catch Can
P2R Intake Manifold Gasket
Skunk2 intake manifold
62mm throttle body
Chipped P28 ECU tuned on Crome
LSD Motorsports Dragger Clutch Kit w/ Street Disk
8.5lbs Flywheel
Steel Braided Clutch Line
Innovative Billet motor mounts inserts undecided

I'm going to pick up a spare D16Z6 to build on the side. It is either going to be a FJ Dist. Vitara Build or a stock Compression Build with Wiseco Pistons, Eagle Rods, ACL Race bearings, and ARP hardware all around. Either way it will be overbored to 75.5 or 76mm. Along with a performance valve train I'm undecided on which springs and cam I want to use but have to keep it streetable with minimum idle lope.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you going to run external gate with a Greddy manifold?

Looks like a fun street setup :TU:
Not going to use a waste gate at all. let it spool to it's hearts content. I did see a turbine housing for it with a 44mm WG right on the housing.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be on the outer limits of efficiency, however you need a wastegate to prevent making insane boost levels.
I see, the WG it came with needs to be replaced it's ghetto rigged. Maybe I can track down an adjustable one.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Not to mention that turbo is going to insta spool on you. That is a lovely turbo for a D I am sure and will make a damn good daily bro. I have one for my 4AGE I like it so much.

The AR's you have should work nicely as well.

You have to run the wastegate or you will kill that biznatch. Running nov BOV would have been more plausible. Can't wait to see what you make. What psi you plan on running?

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to mention that turbo is going to insta spool on you. That is a lovely turbo for a D I am sure and will make a damn good daily bro. I have one for my 4AGE I like it so much.

The AR's you have should work nicely as well.

You have to run the wastegate or you will kill that biznatch. Running nov BOV would have been more plausible. Can't wait to see what you make. What psi you plan on running?
it's been a while since I've delt with turbo setups but now I remember you can just run a boost controller in between the WG and reference port. Seems like the max efficient PSI for the turbo is 16psi so that's what I'll shoot for.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The GT2560 is plenty of fun on the street.

I'd strongly suggest using the wastegate. You are going to be pumping hot air unless you limit boost to keep it in the efficient areas of the compressor map. You also run the risk of overspeed too.

I was wondering who snagged that one.

·
Registered
94 Civic Hatch
334 Posts
nice looks like a good start.

i didnt notice this mentioned i might have over looked it, but anywho i think that instead of the 8.5lb flywheel you'd be better off with a 12lb flywheel im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong but from what i understand the anything lighter then 12lb's with boost is gonna be a bad idea.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would ASSume that it was fabbed like that because the stock actuator put the compressor outlet at a weird angle.
this is correct, if it were in the stock config. the compressor outlet would be pointing straight out towards the front of the car. also the reason I need to clean it up, it's going to be the first thing you notice on the turbo.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice looks like a good start.

i didnt notice this mentioned i might have over looked it, but anywho i think that instead of the 8.5lb flywheel you'd be better off with a 12lb flywheel im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong but from what i understand the anything lighter then 12lb's with boost is gonna be a bad idea.
You just have to learn to keep the inertia going by not allowing the RPM's drop between shifts. it wont hurt 1/4 mile times but some prefer a heavier flywheel for daily driving.

1 - 20 of 351 Posts