Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I'm in the process of preparing an OBD2 JDM d15b with a d16y8 head to swap into my '93 del sol Si. I blew my NA built z6 in late May and needed a replacement. The d15/y8 was sitting as a spare in the garage.

I was in the process of replacing some components like the water pump. I realize now that of the 4 10mm bolts for the water pump, one is shorter than the others. I tried tightening down a longer bolt into the hole for the shorter bolt and snapped the head off of it. Now the rest of it is stuck in the block.

Any suggestions on how to get it out?

Thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,046 Posts
probably the easiest way to do it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got a b1 block for free and it had a bolt broke off in there . . . was a PITA to get out.

Ended up drilling the bolt out using progressively larger and larger drill bits till there wasn't much left before hitting the threads. Then used a flathead and a hammer to punch the remaining bolt into the center and removed that with some needle nose pliers.

Haven't had the best luck with easy-outs.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Got a b1 block for free and it had a bolt broke off in there . . . was a PITA to get out.

Ended up drilling the bolt out using progressively larger and larger drill bits till there wasn't much left before hitting the threads. Then used a flathead and a hammer to punch the remaining bolt into the center and removed that with some needle nose pliers.

Haven't had the best luck with easy-outs.
This is what the machine shop did when I snapped a M6 bolt off on one of my JRSC manifolds. Hopefully you have something left to grip with vise grips

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is what the machine shop did when I snapped a M6 bolt off on one of my JRSC manifolds. Hopefully you have something left to grip with vise grips
Same thing happened to me. Couldn't get it out ended up using a sealant. It's a temp motor.... I think you screwed in case you haven't figured that out

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
4,046 Posts
only 5 month old thread.

·
4,046 Posts
hows that red dot for your "rep".

and if youre post whoring, I suggest you read the rules. I might not be able to insta-ban you, but I will inconvenience the hell out of you.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Trying to get my rep up captain obvious.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
People tend to rep others for adding something useful. Bumping a 5 month old thread and admitting to post whoring is kind of the antithesis of that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts