Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, guys i'm doing a pnp on my head and those universal compressors suck ass. you guys think it's worth it to get the snap-on valve spring compressor ($160 with attachment). or is there another tool out their that is cheaper and will do the job. thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
i got a 'delisle' (?) valve spring compressor that i had to modify to make work with the small diameter of the retainers ... it takes some getting used to but it works like a charm... i've re and re'd my valve springs three times now with this and no problems... and i think i paid $20 for it...

looks exactly like UNIVERSAL OVERHEAD VALVE SPRING COMPRESSOR
KD 2078

http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdengi13.html?ref=googleadws&kw=valve+spring+compressor

C

·
0 Posts
i had to grind down the 'hooks' on the arms that latch on to the spring so they would fit between the spring gaps... then i had to 'resize' the metal part that holds the retainers by taking it off and with a combination of whacking it with a hammer and trying to crush it with vice grips... made it to fit the retainers....

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
i had to do the same to the valve spring compressor that i have. i bought one from NAPA and i had to grind down the hooks and bend the part in a little that presses on the retainers. it works great and i have had no problems with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts