Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I just got my new Tech-angle torq wrench from Snap-On and this is a must have in a man's tool box..I will be using this to build the bottom end and torquing the cylinder head as soon as the block is back from sleeving

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I never had a need for the angle head, looks dope. Are there some places in the bottom end of the motor where this will help? About to tear into mine possibly, so I am curious.

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The angle head was the same price as the fixed head, so i went for the angle head..possibly could be attempting to torq something one day where this may be needed..so I went for it instead

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Cool, thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
983 Posts
ive got the eastwood digital. was like 99 bucks. no angle head.

im not sure i like the digital as much with the wrench as mechanical. mine doesnt stop or click or anything like the mechanical ones do. it just beeps when you get close then beeps differently when you hit your target spec. idk jut doesnt seem as good as the mechanical ones.

but the snap on one is most likely way better then mine any way lol. and certainly good for the d series.

what size drive is it? mines 1/2

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I will use it on several upcoming builds..I was playing around with it yesterday and yea its gonna take some getting use to..im use to the old click style...one good thing is that no need for calibration every year..unless something electrical goes wrong..its 1/2 drive

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Worth it for a tool you use daily or even a few times a month, to rich for my weekend warrior blood though

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Ive found the angle head slightly useful on d series when using a large,1/2 drive 12 point socket for arp head studs.A normal wrench will snag a little on the lma's and vavetrain bolts. Of course you can use an extension, but that throw's the tq off.The snap on wrench can actually compensate for extensions if you plug in some measurements.You can do that manually with any tq wrench but I thought it was a cool feature.I also likes that it counts how many bolts its torqued.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts