1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20141228_112346.jpg

Smoking a turkey and 2 hams.

I was chosen to cook for the sunday after church lunch for the family.

22.8lb turkey, been brined for 36 hours stuffed with apple, onion and garlic, sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning

Hams have 3 coatings of brown sugar, honey and pineapple juice glaze

Been on the smoker/BBQ for 5 hrs at 180-200* about an hour to go

I used kingsford original charcoal along with mixing in Kingsford Hickory charcoal and with the odd chunks of wet hickory.

Also have sweet potatoes and white potatoes on the grill

Made the Whole cranberry sauce last night and it is in the fridge gelling

·
Registered
ek9 hatch, ej6 coupe
75 Posts
The best part of that is the old bay. Lol here on the bay in MD its on everything. Went to Oklahoma to visit family and they had never heard of old bay. Wtf

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
ratio of shit Kingsford coal to wood?

The Kingford is easy to control temps, but not the flavor of a true wood, the "Hicky" Coal doesn't really count.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best part of that is the old bay. Lol here on the bay in MD its on everything. Went to Oklahoma to visit family and they had never heard of old bay. Wtf
Thats where I was born, Southern Md. Down in St.Mary's County.

Ask the folks over in Okie. If they ever had a stuffed ham! Lol Only place I know to get it is in the lower two counties, St. Marys and calvert.

ratio of shit Kingsford coal to wood?

The Kingford is easy to control temps, but not the flavor of a true wood, the "Hicky" Coal doesn't really count.
The Hicky coal give a touch of flavor if you toss a few bricks on top of ashed coals, well enough for quicky burgers.

I went thu about 3lbs if chunk hickory wood in 6 hours.

·
Registered
ek9 hatch, ej6 coupe
75 Posts
Haha wtf. Charles county here and wife's from Calvert. Small world. That where u got that ford fever, budds creek lol MIR

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I grew up down on 235, My old house is gone now.

The Kraft Motel was across the street.

California Md, 20619 lol

I remember when they built the power plant and some park we go to in Calvert to hike to the bluffs and look for fossils.

Fishing and crabbing down at Town creek Marina, or down at the collage.

I went to GMHS

·
Registered
ek9 hatch, ej6 coupe
75 Posts
Great mills huh. Great place to grow up but Yea I don't think I'd wanna grow up there now. I had to get out for my kids sake as dc and pg county is making its way down. I don't think they'll make it all the way down st Mary's with the Amish and their horses shittin on the road. Lol

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not been back up really since 86, I was up in county for like 12hrs one time about 2000.

So I really have no clue how it is now a days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts