Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright what would cause it to smoke like this?

And thats at idle. The motor has around 261k. haha.I just put it in and it had no water in it yet so its not a head gasket or anything. Also I dont know how long it has been since the last time this motor has been started. Any ideas fellas?

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what does the smoke smell like?
Doesnt have a burnt oil smell whatsoever. Its more like a cool water smell. Kinda reminds me of the smell of when your waiting in line at a theme park and they have those fan misters. haha

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Doesnt have a burnt oil smell whatsoever. Its more like a cool water smell. Kinda reminds me of the smell of when your waiting in line at a theme park and they have those fan misters. haha
sounds like water is getting into the engine somehow... or it was inside the exhaust somehow..

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like water is getting into the engine somehow... or it was inside the exhaust somehow..
Well its possible it could be in the exhaust. It has just been hanging under the car since like Jan since I was running open dp with my turbo setup.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
More info. Where did the engine come from? Was it a junkyard pull? Possible some fluids sitting in the intake.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
seafoam lulz

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More info. Where did the engine come from? Was it a junkyard pull? Possible some fluids sitting in the intake.
It came from my other 91 Si donor car that I picked up for $300.

Also I took the intake mani off and put my z6 and LS tb on it so I dont think its that. Then again I did clean the engine so its possible that I got some moisture in there.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright I think its just built up snow and salt and water in the exhaust from just hanging under the car for 9 months. Im going to give it a good drive today and see if it helps.

Is it possible to just be water and shit built up inside the exhaust? It doesnt start smoking until the car has warmed up.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
if it quacks like a duck...

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
id say water mine did it b4 when i had my motor out for my rebuild

how does it rev out and stuff?
also did u replace the hg or anything?
I havent revved high. I have been staying under 3k cause I know the motor is old. Im just trying to use it for the weekend and after that it can blow the fuck up for all I care. haha.

And no it looks to have a stock head gasket but it smoked like this when the motor had no water in it.

Im thinking its the exhaust though. Cause it still smokes a bit after I turn the car off to.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
Civic Si hatch EH3 -
198 Posts
your license plate rocks!!!
le idle for some time.. se if watter from rad goes down or something...
if you see tiny bubles in the rad.. it's your HG
however it's a lot of smoke to be just a bad HG...
maybe some fluids in the intake or something...

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
your license plate rocks!!!
le idle for some time.. se if watter from rad goes down or something...
if you see tiny bubles in the rad.. it's your HG
however it's a lot of smoke to be just a bad HG...
maybe some fluids in the intake or something...
Thanks.
I have been running the car all day. It just keeps smoking and smoking. No bubbles in the oil and it doesnt overheat.

could be the intake gasket letting water in from the port in the head.
Like I said guys I had no water in it when it was smoking like that.

I just came inside from letting it idle and revving it and I got some black black black oil that just came out the exhaust. The oil in the motor is a day old and no where near close to black I just checked again to be sure. I think its oil collected in the exhaust from my massive ass oil pan gasket leak I had when it was boosted. IDK for sure.

·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it was oil from the motor that would mean I have blow by meaning I would have air coming out the breather of the valve cover correct?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts