Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched and did not find my answer....

drove my ZC n/a for about 9000 miles = no smoke whats so ever.

put on a used Greddy td04 kit with small Trust intercooler, running 7psi, street tuned (for now) to 12.5 a/f under any boost condition using crome and lc-1. = smoking at idle (smells of burning oil) at tailpipe...stock pcv system (i know...) inspection found oil in the pcv hose leading to the intake...

so i made a DIY catch can and installed it, drove the car for two days easy, only nailed it once or twice, could still smell oil, but no smoke seen.

retest my a/f settings today ( about 8 hard second gear pulls) and now it smokes worse than before at idle... pcv hose is dry now, charge pipe to t-body is dry...is it possible that there is a puddle of oil sitting in the intake manifold that was pushed in during the 8 hard pulls and now burning it off ??

i am not running a restrictor in the oil supply to the turbo, that line is 4an and the return is shot down to the oil pan with a gradual 90 (not pinched, no loop) using 5/8 inner dia steel braided hose that is on the very top of the oil pan.

when the turbo oil seals leak, does it go into the charge side or exhaust side ??

i did notice my oil level is slightly above the full mark...i am using synthetic
5w/40

ideas?????

any help would be very appreciated !!!!! :hammer:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i found out today the turbo shaft play is excessive, just had it rebuilt too, but it was my fault.....i needed to go through emissions, so i put the cat on it and drove it for 3 days before i was able to tune it to pass and then take it to the station...this put too much back pressure on the turbo and damaged it...the turbo shop was going to rebuild it again for free but i offered to pay at least for the parts since it was my fault....

learned a lesson the hard way i guess...

dont run a cat or stock exhaust !!!!!!!!!!

at least it passed, i bought two year tags so i wont have to mess with this again til then...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts