Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my block rebuilt I have 150 miles on it so far. Ever since the rebuild it smoked during start up untill warmed up completely and driven for a few blocks than it will stop smoking. I have the fjr vitara set up for block.
.003 p2w clearance what do you guys think is wrong with the car? Any advise would help thanx

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
fresh build can smoke a bit.

drive it hard and let it decelerate in gear as much as u can. dont be afraid to gradually take the RPM higher and higher.

make sure you do lots of oil changes when its fresh. i let it warm up, drive it around the block a few times, with little WOT pulls to 3000rpm let it decelerate, do it again... let it get to full operating temps (fan comes on) then do an oil change.

do another oil change around 100 miles, another at 500 miles and u should be good to go.

also it helps a lot to have a stock PCV system hooked up

·
Registered
685 Posts
fresh build can smoke a bit.

drive it hard and let it decelerate in gear as much as u can. dont be afraid to gradually take the RPM higher and higher.

make sure you do lots of oil changes when its fresh. i let it warm up, drive it around the block a few times, with little WOT pulls to 3000rpm let it decelerate, do it again... let it get to full operating temps (fan comes on) then do an oil change.

do another oil change around 100 miles, another at 500 miles and u should be good to go.

also it helps a lot to have a stock PCV system hooked up
+1

mine smoked after my rebuild. i beat on it a bit. after a week of driving it was fine.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
I've never had an engine smoke after rebuild. Not a one. Little puff on first start that clears up after 5 minutes of idling and thats it. Rings seat well enough to seal against excessive blow-by within the first few minutes. I think you have an upper end problem ie: valve seals.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
As said, hook up PCV so you can put vacuum on the crankcase and do lots of high vacuum deceleration and low RPM WOT pulls to push the rings against the bores. DO NOT BOOST while you have the stock PCV hooked up, if the car is turboed. Last thing you need is to shoot the dipstick out or blow a seal on a nice new engine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay after 160 miles the car has finally stopped smoking. Looks like I will be tuning within the next week!! Hopefully Ill get good power out of it.
thanx guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts