Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
little info the head has been replaced with new valves seals and guides before going into storage no smoke with the work done. have fresh oil and no coolant is missing. compresion test is 208-210 on the cylinders.
The gas maybe be going on the way out. lots of condesation in the exhaust from just letting it idle over the storage period.

Fired it up with no issues or no smoke on start up. Then the exhaust started to shoot out all the water built up after about 10 min. reved it a little and some smoke started to come out smelled like oil/bad gas. Its getting beter the more i rev it and let it idle.
The car is being insured this week im just wondering could my valves seals dried out over the storage period. or what else could it be.

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
not uncommon for a car that has been sitting for a few months to burn some oil, would be more a concern if it continues to burn it after 10-15mins...

how long was it stored? drive it a while and see how it runs... see if the smoke is at certain times if it continues (only during deceleration/ only right after startup when its been sitting/ etc)

sloopy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doesnt smoke on start up just shoots a little smoke out near readline when i free rev it. The car has been sitting for a year but i have started it up and let it run at 2000 rpm about 4 times since it been in storage.

The exhaust is full of condensation shoots water out, im going to insure it this week, but since its been running in the garage its getting beter.

I was just worried that my new valve seals dried out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ended up checking the obvious noticed that my spark plug gromets are leaking causing enough oil to get in to cause smoke on start up after the car sits for about a week.

·
Registered
stock sedan
1,460 Posts
happy to hear you figured it out:bigok:

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
awesome i am not needed to give advice on this one. lol either way i would at least put some fuel injector cleaner in as well with a fresh tank of gas and also check to see if all torque settings are still in spec on your head plus feeler gauge your valves to see if they moved any, since you did say it was a new or rebuilt head it may have moved or settled some after you got it warmed up and then put it into storage. also if your going to let your car sit for more than a month its always good practice to put a fuel stabilizer in like the one they sell for classic cars that sit for months and sometimes years. i believe regular gas starts to break down after about a 2 to 3 months but should be good enough and not be too harmful to your car for up to a year maybe?? its been awhile since i last looked up that tho, i just say put in the fuel stab. and be done with it if its gonna sit for a month or more.

·
D-Series Rally Man
Mitsubishi/Hondas
843 Posts
awesome i am not needed to give advice on this one..........................................

.....................either way i would at least put some fuel injector cleaner in as well with a fresh tank of gas and also check to see if all torque settings are still in spec on your head plus feeler gauge your valves to see if they moved any, since you did say it was a new or rebuilt head it may have moved or settled some after you got it warmed up and then put it into storage. Also if your going to let your car sit for more than a month its always good practice to put a fuel stabilizer in like the one they sell for classic cars that sit for months and sometimes years. I believe regular gas starts to break down after about a 2 to 3 months but should be good enough and not be too harmful to your car for up to a year maybe?? Its been awhile since i last looked up that tho, i just say put in the fuel stab. And be done with it if its gonna sit for a month or more.
lmfao hahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya the valves are also out of spec now, just checked them, did a leak down test and pulled the same results as two years ago so were all good, just need to get all the bad gas out and change the oil again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts