Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here smoked the taillights off a 98-00 ex or si (the red and white ones). I have seen it done and was gonna do it for mine but i have heard various ways of doing it. If anyone knows a way... or has done this themselves please post it up :)

·
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here are a few pics that i saw off a guy on cardomain's SI.... best i can find for now.

·
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they actually put tints on the inside of your car here... dunno if they do it diff where you are from. Thanks for the info though. I have heard about puttin some tint on the inside cause it is the cheapest and easiest way to do it but not necessarily the best. Just lookin for other ... better ways of doin it. Keep em comin!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
We did it on headlights for a 92-95 civic, and all we did was put the headlights in the oven to I guess "melt" the seal so we could take them apart...and sprayed the inside that way...

I'm not sure if that would work for tails though...I painted my tails all red and just used stained glass paint in a bottle and clear coated it...worked great!

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
horny_devil said:
you can get tint film and cover the lights like that or use tint spray. it works

That is one sick ass teg!

·
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i wonder what would be better... spray tint... or the actual film and all that you could apply. Where did you guys get the spray stuff and all?

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
EJ1 Freak said:
That is one sick ass teg!
ditto, that shit is ninja as fuck!!!

S

·
0 Posts
i havnt decided if i just dont like the tinted tail lights on the teg or if i dont like them all together, but no offense to you horny devil, or anyone else for that matter. If you like them, then thats all that matters.

·
02 BMW; 00 Civic EX
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the integra is too dark in my opinion... im lookin more for about the shade of the si in the first pics.

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
I did mine...though mine isn't a a 98-2000. But the process shouldn't be any different....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts