Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a recent thing Ive started to notice, if Im driving, and come to a light and downshift. when I stop I can smell fuel. have checked all the lines, injectors, even pulled plugs and cant find the source. only smell it on engine braking stops.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Is the vent tube hooked up to the canister?

·
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not an inside smell. it wifts in from outside. and haven't looked at the canister, Ill have to check that out tomorrow.

·
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you pulled the vacuum line off the FPR to see if the diaphragm is leaking?
no, but I did check it last night for leaks. like 2 years or so ago, I popped the hood because I was smelling fuel and noticed the line wasn't there..... Ill double check it a little later when it cools down outside, maybe replace it.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Mine smells pretty bad on decel too. Its missing the evap solenoid and using a cheap ebay looking fpr.

·
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does your fuel millage hurt? Ive also noticed my gauge moves more than it has before. usually I can fill up, beat the car for 2-3 weeks and then itd be time to fill up again

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Yeah but just yesterday I wired up the vts and vtp sensor and got rid of all my cels so I'll see how it gets. Does yours smell like unburned fuel in the exhaust or just raw fuel?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
does your car cut fuel on decel? if not, you probably have a minor exhaust leak and smelling unburnt fuel

·
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah but just yesterday I wired up the vts and vtp sensor and got rid of all my cels so I'll see how it gets. Does yours smell like unburned fuel in the exhaust or just raw fuel?
want to say it smells unburnt. theres a hint of it there. that's why I pulled the plugs to see if I had a dead cylinder. Ill have to check my cels again. I know for sure the iacv is throwing a code. haven't checked it recently, but Ill do it tomorrow

does your car cut fuel on decel? if not, you probably have a minor exhaust leak and smelling unburnt fuel
it should. this is a recent thing. like within the last 3 weeks Ive noticed it

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
FWIW, I have a open EVAP line hanging off the firewall and I don't smell fuel at any point. My windows are always open as well since I have a det can tube running through the window and it's been 95 degrees + outside...

·
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no leaks anywhere to be seen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts