Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my names Joseph I'm from FL I am 28 years old. Diagnosed with Brittle bones disease I moved here to FL about a little over a year and a half and bought myself a 1991 Honda CRX as a project car. Modding the stuff broken and old stuff as I rip it out. Looking to stick with the D15B2 motor even though I know that there are other better engines I could use it's within my SSI budget. Eventually plan to travel from state to state going from show and track all over. Need help with ideas as to gain most power out of my car and parts lists since I'm decent with doing stuff just need to know what to get. First time I been able to manage my own cash as family issues prevented me from doing such in the past so I'm in between a noob and intermediate when it comes to hands on stuff. I am only 2 feet 9 inches tall and weigh 55 pounds. Nothing slows me down though I ride my wheelchair as hard as I do my cars! Hit me up if anyone is willing to spend the time I'm willing to learn!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Welcome to dso. There is tons of info here. Do lots of searching and enjoy the stay. To be honest i have no idea how a person your height drives so i cant help there other than to think of stearing wheel controls

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Mad respect man, I read a story of a guy in SS a few months back now that has modded his hatch by himself and he cannot walk without crutches, is missing limbs, etc. He found a way to mod the car with hand controls and such.

I would work on the mechanical bits like you are, once you have a good working car get the aesthetics handled. Then when your running good, looking clean, forced induction should be your goal. Welcome to DSO man.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys and I drive using a simple garden hoe haha I hold it in one hand for gas and brake my car being an automatic I've learned to do so since 12 when the doctors gave me a grave outcome. I just decided at that point nothing was going to stop my need for speed and being on wheels my whole life in my wheelchair it's like second nature :)! I'll look into the info above provided thank you very much any other info for power gains and parts lists always grateful. Message me whenever and thanks again!

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
welcome to dso.

it takes a golden pair to overcome what the rest may think is a unsurpassable limit.

keep us posted.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Thank you guys and I drive using a simple garden hoe haha I hold it in one hand for gas and brake my car being an automatic I've learned to do so since 12 when the doctors gave me a grave outcome. I just decided at that point nothing was going to stop my need for speed and being on wheels my whole life in my wheelchair it's like second nature :)! I'll look into the info above provided thank you very much any other info for power gains and parts lists always grateful. Message me whenever and thanks again!
Right on. There is no handicap its handicapable. Make do with what you got.

I would look into some hand controls for the gas and brake tho. It would be faster.
On of my grandma friend had very weak legs and would drive like that with his cane.

And as far as the car goes. a new motor would net more power with just bolts ons but it would mean doing a motor swap conversion and what not.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm trying to stick with the D15B2 I've got now since I've already done work to it. I figure on the budget i'm on every other month or so I get another add on slowly but surely be done right. trying to get at least 300 Horse out of this motor. Anymore is awesome lol.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Yeah I'm trying to stick with the D15B2 I've got now since I've already done work to it. I figure on the budget i'm on every other month or so I get another add on slowly but surely be done right. trying to get at least 300 Horse out of this motor. Anymore is awesome lol.
Understandable you spend money but sometimes you gotta do what is needed.

300hp isn't that easy to come by.
Your need to completely build the block.
And if this is your daily driver your need another motor to build on the side and then swap in when the time comes.

Month to month builds are no problem. Been done before. But being closed minded isn't good.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Welcome to Dso and respect for you man. What matters is you enjoy working and riding in your car like most of us here. We are willing to help if you're willing to listen.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would someone mind helping me put together a parts list to convert over to a fuel rail system? I'm bad when it comes to what I need but getting it in isn't a prob!

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
^^^ stock fuel rail should be fine...

im glad to hear your positive attitude man, welcome to d-series... :TU:

i have one question and i dont want to come off sounding like a jerk, do you think you will be okay with the horse power and being able to control the CRX, your reaction time will be a lot lower with all the up grades Vs stock..?

just a thought sir and again, i dont mean for it to sound like im putting you down or anything... people do amazing things with the right attitude and perseverance...

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sir I used to drift my Mercury Cougar XR7 all around the place and have a lot of experience behind the wheel lol not to mention 3 speeding tickets over 100mph! my driving will be fine I'm more worried about the frame holding up lol

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
If you are looking for 300, I'd swap a j32 with auto from newer tl. Those transmissions are much better than prior transmissions.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really need to finish my rear brake system. I was going to convert over to rotors but I can't seem to find the parts I need! Also the person helping me messed up my rear spindle in the removal process..... annoyed...

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I really need to finish my rear brake system. I was going to convert over to rotors but I can't seem to find the parts I need! Also the person helping me messed up my rear spindle in the removal process..... annoyed...
What did he do? Is it the brake lines?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
Welcome, keep reading especially in the showcase to see how others build their cars. Have you thought about welding on pedal extensions to gas and brake? And also elevating your seat permanently? I'd like to mention, d-series auto tranny isn't all that strong and you would be hard pressed to run 300whp to it. I'm sure someone has built a turbo auto D. Just keep reading and good luck!

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Welcome to the D!

Glad to have someone on board who's mind is open to education. The search function is your friend, we have covered 1000's of topics here on the D, please enjoy your stay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts