1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
67 Posts
The intercooler should be fine. What psi are you running? I have a similar sized intercool on my crx with a 14b and it has been good so far. I'm running 10 psi.

As for the piping it's hard to know, but it's usually all pretty close and most everything needs to be trimmed a bit to make it all line up right.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
that isnt small at all

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
my friends very large Mishimoto intercooler

bumper off view.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i'd rather have a small black fmic over a smic.

if i were to run a smic i would mount it where the stock airbox was with a functional scoop right over the smic like with wrx n shit

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mount it in front, just use a side mount IC for the smaller size. Any IC can be black for under a dollar. Buy flat black spray paint and paint it. Just spray it at an angle so you are only getting paint on the very front of the fins.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
that ic isnt small???? where can i find a smaller black ic? i dont want anyone to notice the fmic so im looking for the smallest fmic i can run with the greddy turbo effeciently
You'd be surprised just how many people don't even notice a front mount unless the bumper is off. If it's behind the bumper and you can't see the intercooler piping or couplers 90% of people would think it's the radiator or AC condenser. I don't think you will have a problem with people noticing it. You should just go with that one, because then if you decide to upgrade the turbo later you already got a good one.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
idk but that black mishimoto ic looks small to me.

would that fmic outperform a dsm or supra smic mounted where the stock airbox was with a funtional scoop right over the smic?

·
Pew Pew!
3,509 Posts
You'd be surprised just how many people don't even notice a front mount unless the bumper is off. If it's behind the bumper and you can't see the intercooler piping or couplers 90% of people would think it's the radiator or AC condenser. I don't think you will have a problem with people noticing it. You should just go with that one, because then if you decide to upgrade the turbo later you already got a good one.
x2

·
Registered
610 Posts
idk but that black mishimoto ic looks small to me.

would that fmic outperform a dsm or supra smic mounted where the stock airbox was with a funtional scoop right over the smic?
Why not mount it as a FMIC? Just because it was originally used as a SMIC doesn't mean it can't be used any other way.

IMO, you will never get the airflow of a front mounted IC, regardless of ducting. If you don't have ducting on the back side, flow will be at the mercy of the pressure in the engine bay. Do you think it will flow more through the large radiator opening, or the small duct?

If you want small and cheap, get a used side mount and put it up front. That IC in your OP is not small. It's not big either. I wouldn't go any bigger with a Greddy kit turbo.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what fmic would u suggest with the greddy 15g kit? i want one thats more efficient than a dsm smic, do not need a big one by anymeans, and if possible black.

suggest smaller than that fmic? which one?

·
Registered
610 Posts
$57.50 Shipped
Get a can of flat black spray paint, scuff the end tanks with 400 grit, spray at an angle to get only the tips of the fins, profit.

Bar and plate will have no advantage in your set-up. Having Mishimoto painted on an IC you don't want anyone to notice will have no advantage. Having $70 more in your pocket is epic win.

·
Registered
841 Posts
yea i was thinkin..you want it to be not noticable but yet in big white letters it says mishimoto..no secret there lol..make sure you keep the grill in the bumper for sure and just get the one listed above and spray it..it will be fine..and like he said dont spray straight on it..not healthy for the heart its pumping

1 - 16 of 16 Posts