Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
honda civic
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at making some modifications to my civic and I don't want to get put into a higher class than the SM class I am already in. The 2 modifications I am looking at making have to do with tires and my air intake.

First of all I was looking in the rulebook for what kind of tires I can use. I have been looking at getting the Falken Azenis RT-615's or can I get an even more extreme tire then that?

My other question has to do with my air intake. I also have looked into the rules for this mod and I think that it would bump me into a higher class but I want to make sure. I have been wanting to take out my passenger side headlight in order to feed a crap load of cold air into my short ram air intake.
Here is what it says in the rulebook under the SM class.

Any minor modification, intended to allow or facilitate any allowed
modification, is permitted as long as it does not provide
any intrinsic performance benefit in and of itself, does not provide
a weight reduction of more than 1 lb, and is not explicitly prohibited
elsewhere within these rules.

Thanks for your help, golferman15

·
Registered
133 Posts
To be honest with you, removing a headlight will not make any noticible difference if you have a stock motor. Your better off just running a cold-air intake. I retained my stock airbox with a high-flow K&N filter which yielded better results than when i ran with a short-ram and a removed headlight. I cant tell you if that will bump you to SM or not, because i have been in STS no matter what ive done.

·
Registered
honda civic
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess I don't get why removing the headlight would not gain as much hp as a cold air intake? I am have a b16 sir 2 motor and the short ram intake is sitting right behind the headlight.

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
It's my understanding that you have to do something pretty crazy to get pushed out of SM.. I'm in SM2 with my CRX due to big brakes, and there isn't a lot of things I can't do...

BTW, Azenis are fine in SM. I think you could even run r-compound tires, but I'm not positive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts