Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 Civic with a 93 or 94 D16Z6 seems to be very sluggish... I don't know if thats jsut how a stock Z6 is or what. I traded my 99 cummins diesel for it and i don't know if I am just use to the power of the cummins diesel of if there is really something wrong with my Civic. :confused:

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
My 97 Civic with a 93 or 94 D16Z6 seems to be very sluggish... I don't know if thats jsut how a stock Z6 is or what. I traded my 99 cummins diesel for it and i don't know if I am just use to the power of the cummins diesel of if there is really something wrong with my Civic. :confused:
You give it a tune up yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You give it a tune up yet?
It just got all new plugs, wires, and fixed the vaccum lines problem. PPL that I got it off of didn't know that the 93 or 94 motor didn't have all the vaccum lines that the 97 intake has, so they put the lines where ever they could find a place for them and that dumped water/coolent into the intake.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If they messed with it i would do a full tune up and be sure your timing is correct. If your timing is retarded it will feel slow as hell!! My timing belt was off by a notch and made a word of difference when i corrected.

BTW. welcome to the board please keep us updated if you fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts