Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The D16Y5/Y8 is dieing in my Civic so I decided to build a D15 for boost. Right now it burn a qt of oil every 200 miles sometimes less. I just picked up two motors one is a D15B not JDM and a D15B7. Dont know which one im going to use until I rip them apart. Guy said the D15B7 was running good when he pulled it to go B swap. The D15B came with the car and he knows nothing about it. I plan on putting together a cheap affordable turbo kit. Not looking for big power. This will be my first. Been reading alot of the build threads on here.

Pic of motors in the back of my Blazer. Got both of them for $100 also got a automatic trans too.

Pic of the car the new motor will be going into. Its a 97 HX coupe.

·
Registered
93 Honda Integra
105 Posts
Thanks only if it was that easy lol
WHAT!! I heared threw the noob Vine that you could Glue a Turbo on, crazy glue seems to hold, tho if your on a budget stick glue might work....

anyways, pretty nice find, 2 engines for 100 bucks.. cant beat that

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is the head on the d15b block not stamped with a code anywhere?
PM-38 on the head. Pulled the head off today off at work. Seems to be a good motor. Nothing broken lol. Was thinking something would be cause of the way the timing belt was broken.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WHAT!! I heared threw the noob Vine that you could Glue a Turbo on, crazy glue seems to hold, tho if your on a budget stick glue might work....

anyways, pretty nice find, 2 engines for 100 bucks.. cant beat that
Mite use some of that JB weld and quick steel lol

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
thats gonna be fun! enjoy the hell out of it!

just from personal experience. the d15s that ive tuned and even my personal one, hit really hard around 4400rpm. like my LS b18a and B motors actually now to think of it. it would jump to full boost right then too. if i did late rpm roll ons it was fun cause it would jump into the powerband. most of these cars use a ebay kit essentially. then ive tuned a few that used 14b turbos. so i could imagine using the stock cam and head and such then using a turbo at 25psi or so, that could spool around there. it would be really fun.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts