Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
Where is Talon with that oil weight to bearing clearance chart? Im too lazy to look it up right now馃槄 proper oil weight is best determined by bearing clearance vs oil temp, somewhere on here the chart has been posted on some oil pressure thread.
In cali right now haha, ill find the chart one sec. You somewhere in the ocean yet?

One of the best concise writeups on the subject I've ever read. Make sure to save this as reference, excellent material here.

Registered
00 ex d16z6swap y8intake p28 ecu custom roundbar frontend (workinprogress
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In cali right now haha, ill find the chart one sec. You somewhere in the ocean yet?

One of the best concise writeups on the subject I've ever read. Make sure to save this as reference, excellent material here.

I had just finished reading that article and was fixing to post it to see if that was the chart being mentioned very good info by the way thank you for making sure I got it

Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
I noticed that after I shut the car off my fuel pressure remains around 40 psi and takes well over an hour to drop off
Thats a good thing, rapidly bleeding pressure after shutdown points at a bad pump, leaky Injectors or a worn out fuel pressure regulator.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thats a good thing, rapidly bleeding pressure after shutdown points at a bad pump, leaky Injectors or a worn out fuel pressure regulator.
Ok just had not ever looked at it before thought maybe it was caused by the evap delete that was done to the car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Sorry bout dropping off on you guys been a busy couple days but any way I wanted to thank you all for the help I do have idle set where I'm happy and drove the car I have noticed that in my data window it shows battery voltage and it stays at like 7 volts down to 5.6 volts so time to get the meter out and figure out what's up there

Registered
That K1technologies bearing clearance article was an excellent read- Now I understand why Honda asks for 5w20. All the Honda oil clearances including main and big end clearances are off the bottom of that articles chart scales. Thanks for posting!

Formerly weebeastie
Vitara's + resonance at idle = knocking/rattling sound

That's most likely what it is. Even with long rods she's still in the 8:1 range and the Vitara pistons are just noisy boogers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok back with update so turns out my ECU was bad and only reading battery voltage from 5 to 7 volts roughly so after swapping that out I am able to drive the car and the sound at idle I guess was as suggested by soul engineering but after correctly setting the idle it is hardly noticeable thanks again for everyone's help if it wasn't for all of you I'd not have it running right so that it for now more to come later

21 - 31 of 31 Posts