Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 civic hatch gutted and fitted with the zc sohc and a 5 speed 89 crx si tranny. my problem lies within the oil chech/fill bolt. mine is stuck and stripped out. I have tried penitrating oil......and everything I know. has anyone heard of this happening? or possibilily have a solution? thanks

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
you can SLOWLY fill the tranny thru the vent hose........

on 92+ you just pull the VSS unit, very simple to fill.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the engine and tranny myself but I not sure which vent-hose you are talking about. The only hose/cable(non-electrical) I can remember is the speedometer cable.....can I fill the tranny from this hole? Mine is pre-vss.....the numbers on the front are "L3 - 1360240" any help offered are greatly thanked by my tranny and myself.

:stupid:

·
Registered
183 Posts
sears has this new socket that has like razor teeth it digs into the bolt and takesit out and for amazingly low price of 10.99 plus tax

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
other than uninstalling aLOT of suspension there is no room to fit the socket. my $ is limited and i really cannot afford to get my car realigned...is there a way to weld a nut to the end of this bolt so i can have good teeth to work with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts