Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
I think if that collector flange is welded on its the wrong orientation for the factory exhaust.
If not welded what do you plan on backing it with?

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
333 Posts
Sorry, "backing" it?

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
"Backing"
Like what is his plans for what is behind the header or toward the back of the car after the header?

The flange looks odd so I didn't know if it was welded on or not if it is stock wont work so I would like to know his plans.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,359 Posts
Make sure you add a flex pipe or the cracking will never end on that header. It might not ever end even with a flex pipe to absorb vibration.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
If those are ebay sourced spark plug wires, get rid of them and buy a set of the NGK blue wires.

Find them on rockauto, find the NGK part number, then search that part number on ebay specifically.

You can sometimes save 20-30 bucks on the wires searching that way.

I put that very same intake setup on my 97 civic as well.

I honestly believe my old 2.5" tubing with a 6">2.5" velocity stack out performed it in the low and midrange.

But perhaps your header, once installed, will make use of that bigger intake.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Get rid of the MSD spark plugs.

Find and run the OEM spec'd plugs for a Y7.

any of the online honda parts sites will list it.

I think it is a ZRF6, but I could be wrong.

Plug choice makes a big difference at times.

Those VMS wires are not exaclty great either. NGK blue's are king in both durability and spark performance, even when compared to some of the odl school big brands that used to offer products for these cars.

Heck, I have trouble with a timing light sometimes getting a signal, that is how good the shielding is.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I say Y7 because I do not see the vtec solenoid.

Is it hiding under the edge of the valvecover where the camera couldnt see in your last engine picture?

Just hoping to help you out. Ive dealt with frustratingly odd issues in teh past with the incorrect sparkplugs. Various results from fouling plugs too easily in cold starts, to hot weather pinging at random intervals (some days clean, some days noisy)

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I see the vtec solenoid hiding now, if I zoom in on the first engine picture.

Plugs will be same between each.

That header looks good installed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.