Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i replaced the front left cv boot on my 89 integra ls with a d16a1 engine. im pretty sure i did everything right but lets just say if i put my roller bearing in the wrong way, what would it feel like while driving? right now it feels like it drives like it has deflated tires. and is it possible for tranny fluid to leak out while changing my boot? because the transmission now feels sloppy too, it takes a while to catch, thanks for all the help

C

·
0 Posts
youre not going to leak transmission fluid from changing the boot if you did it while it was still on the car but if you took it off then you would have, but as far as the bearing in the wrong way idk if it would feel like a flat tire, but a bent axle could cause that feeling and a ripped boot. and for your tranny slipping, i had a 91 integra but it was the pressure plate going bad that caused the slippage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the transmission was fine before i replaced a few things, what really happeded was that the drivers side ball joint in the control arm seperated, so i pulled over right away and got the car towed to my house, i got a new control arm, but before that came in i wanted to see if the car could move at all with the tire being stuck into the wheelwell, so i give it some gas and the cv joint seperated thus causing the boot to tear and pouring grease everywhere. so i put a new boot on with lots of grease, hopefully putting in the roller bearing the right way. then i hooked up the control arm with everything else...so no tranny fluid flows through the cv joint? oh yeh this was the inner cv joint by the way.

C

·
0 Posts
no, tranny fluid does not flow through the CV axle, it just lubes the gears in the treansmission, the grease inside of the boots keeps those bearings lubed up, all of what happened to your integra, happened to me when i owned an eagle talon turbo. the ball joint came alose and my tire flew off at 70 but i replaced it all cause my axle was ripped out too. but the flat tire feel could that way if your A-arm you bought was used and bent it could do that cause i hit a pole at 85 in my integra and messed all kinds of things up including the suspension and the a-arm, so that could do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts