Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what you guys think about slipknot, but i've been a big fan since they first hit it big. I've been waiting for this album to come out basically since their last album hit the shelves (2004 lol).

I downloaded it the other night and was at first pleased. it didn't hit until the next few listens that i realized this is a very good CD. it's a little different than their other stuff, with an obvious influence from Stone Sour. Corey sings more on this album but he does so to break up the monotony of constant screaming. His singing is used to good effect on this album and he contrasts that by amping up his screaming as well. He really pulled out all the punches again, by going 100% into his voice on this album. i found his song-writing isn't as good as the other albums but the songs are great and far from cheap or quickly done.

I've only mentioned corey for reference in this CD, because he is the one who makes the biggest change here in terms of their music. the rest of the guys are in top form as always.

If you like Slipknot or Corey Taylor, for that matter, i suggest giving it a listen. Sorry for the long post, i am slightly high :bong: :shocked:

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
slipknot sold out after iowa they fucking suck. the new slipknot isn't metal they lost that a long time ago.

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
good band. i like them but even if i didn't i would respect their talent. i'm gonna have to go download that new album now.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did not like slipknot when i was in middle school and i still dont they suck. how many people does it take to form a band anyways?
Just had to post your opinion didn't you? If you don't like them, that is fine. it's your opinion, But i didn't create this thread for you.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
I do love slipknot, and how they have grown musically. There first album wasnt even the one most of you think it is... Its called MATE FEED KILL REPEAT. All aside corey taylor is the shit. To be musically inclined enough to be the lead vocal in two entirely different bands in itself deserves respect. Slipknot was the very first concert i ever saw and it changed my life. Its harder to have 9 people on a stage at one time then one may think. look at wu - tang. orchestrated madness is what it is...

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
There first album wasnt even the one most of you think it is... Its called MATE FEED KILL REPEAT.
shit sounded like a demo tape. i made better recordings with my band when i was 14!

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do love slipknot, and how they have grown musically. There first album wasnt even the one most of you think it is... Its called MATE FEED KILL REPEAT. All aside corey taylor is the shit. To be musically inclined enough to be the lead vocal in two entirely different bands in itself deserves respect. Slipknot was the very first concert i ever saw and it changed my life. Its harder to have 9 people on a stage at one time then one may think. look at wu - tang. orchestrated madness is what it is...
Lucky Bastard. Slipknot and Muse are 2 bands that are critically acclaimed for having the best live show in music today. I am super jealous of anyone who gets to see em live. not only just in there respective genre's but in modern music. Can't wait to see what they are gonna do this year.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i like all their stuff old and new, its nice to get a break for all the screaming, people can call em sell outs and what not but o well, they sell albums and make way more money than they do so who cares. I will def. have to get this record

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
duh i know about mate feed kill repeat and that corey wasnt the original singer also. doesn't change that they suck now more than ever lmao.

·
Registered
whatever runs....
2,927 Posts
you know who really sucks?....static x...ughh, kinda like a lame Ministry wannabe band, but not so industrial...everytime they come on the xm radio I have to change it...lol

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
you know who really sucks?....static x...ughh, kinda like a lame Ministry wannabe band, but not so industrial...everytime they come on the xm radio I have to change it...lol
yea static x does blow lol word to that

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
static x....yeah they suck, but they have a few good songs.

since i'm already off topic i'll go ahead and mention who REALLY sucks. buck cherry. my friend was a bouncer at a club in jacksonville so i got in for free all the time and i'd go there whenever i was bored. one time buck cherry was playing and there were (not joking) 5 people in the "pit" area and maybe 8-10 others that sat in the back at the bar all night. it was sad, really. this was back when they were on the radio too!

edit: wait, static x does suck big time, i was thinking of someone else whose name eludes me right now. i saw static x at ozzfest 2000 and left to go hang out at the second stage through their set.

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
shit, I like buck cherry, even my wife likes that song 'crazy bitch'...lol
it was the most pathetic concert i've ever seen. i mean it was literally a band on stage and 5 people dancing in front of them all night long. i really felt sorry for them. i could have gone backstage after the show but i would have just ended up pissing them off because i'm an ass.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts