Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the damn hood won't pop!! They day I picked up the car, the owner and I had trouble with it then too. Its just not releasing at all. Are there any tricks to getting it open?

Sorry for such a stupid newb question, I'm having no luck with it. . .Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chasloa said:
im not touching this one....

NOT a good question to ask
Are you going to follow my threads around and remind me with all of your posts how little I know of cars. If I knew everything I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't ask questions. . .If you don't know, you ask. Sorry for being such a dumbass. Also, since I live alone, its damn hard to pull up on the hood and pull the latch at the same time. Thanks for the tip Ryan, if I had an extra-extra long arm, I would've opened it already.

C

·
0 Posts
nobody called you a dumbass, and since when am I following around your every post?

I'm just not going to give out information over the internet that would help a car thief. I don't know who you are or how you might use such information.

Quit being so damn sarcastic and defensive

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
chasloa said:
I'm just not going to give out information over the internet that would help a car thief. I don't know who you are or how you might use such information.
IN all honesty, I can only agree with Chasloa. There is far too much information on how to break into cars on the internet. Even though the abundance of information is out there, it is still not a subject that should be further discussed.

On another note, you are pulling the lever but not hearing any kind of pop?
How easy is the lever to pull??

its possible that the cable snapped somewhere along the way, but usually the handle will snap before the cable. please give us a little more info

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
civic4ges said:
IN all honesty, I can only agree with Chasloa. There is far too much information on how to break into cars on the internet. Even though the abundance of information is out there, it is still not a subject that should be further discussed.

On another note, you are pulling the lever but not hearing any kind of pop?
How easy is the lever to pull??

its possible that the cable snapped somewhere along the way, but usually the handle will snap before the cable. please give us a little more info
Well, I would never think of it that way (stealing a car), so that didn't enter my mind.

There's no pop, the cable's not broken. I had the hood open 3 days ago by pulling the lever. Its not snapped, but somehow stretched.

I knew if I had someone to help me, they could pull on the hood--no help today. The plastic lever inside the car feels a little "soft"--worn.

I didn't know if this was a common problem, which is why I asked here. I figured if there were enough people who had similar problems--the answer would come out.

So, next time I will try and be more clear. . .But chasloa, you did tell me to go to Autozone on another thread and didn't offer any help whatsoever. The first post you made above offered no info, so it seemed like a pattern.

btw here's my CRX, that way no one thinks I'm trying to gather skills to steal one, I paid for this one.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
I am no thief but I had the same problem when I first got my CF hood..
If you really are having that problem...
There are guides with rubber..and since it is a CRX they probably have all worn away..
you can simply reach under your front bumper and either a pair of needle nose or normal pliers..and youll find the bracket.
But as everyone else has stated earlier..its not something easy to talk about because then fingers get pointed..."oh so how do you know how to do that....?"

So dont get the wrong idea guys..! Stealing is wrong!! GET A JOB!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts