Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 4th gen Prelude seats in my car and I love them… except that I don't have the adjustable seat bottom that my stock civic seats had. Kinda miss that. But anyways, I'm sliding forward in my seat a lot and it partially has to do with the loose seat belt (need to get that replaced) and partially with the non-adjustable seat bottom.

Could I just stuff some extra foam on the front of the seat bottom or use a cushion? Or is there a way to modify the seat rail/mounting bracket?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seat bottom angle doesn't adjust on the 4th gen Prelude seats. The stock seats had that adjustment.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a bracket for what…?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
A bracket where your seat meats the stock rails. Replace you stock rails with it and make the front higher. Wont be adjustable but you can set the proper angle. Takes some cutting, measuring, welding and enjoying.

Or man up and get stronger arms and legs, I mean how hard are you braking? I have acura seats in my civic and the seat angle is not deep, but I don't slide out of it like a small child.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aahhhh, I was afraid I'd see the word "welding". I don't have a welder, nor do I know how to weld...

haha I'm not braking like I'm racing, although I have noticed it a bit last time I was on the track. It's not like it happens quickly, it's over a period of like 20 minutes, I notice that my steering wheel seems a bit higher than when I first sat in the car. I was thinking of shaving some foam towards the back of the seat bottom. Although, I did get some people saying that wasn't such a great idea for safety reasons.

I guess the next best thing would be to get a seat cushion that's bolstered towards the front of the seat bottom...? I've seen some people with them in their dailies that have race-bucket seats.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
No welding, just some cutting, drilling and measuring.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
^ Wasn't sure if there was enough room to just cut and measure. Is there enough material? I know on my eg rails if I cut any material off the mounting tabs it would not be very strong.

Can you elaborate for everyone's sake?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
piece of bar stock mounted to stock frame location, drill holes above or below as neede to adjust the seat incline angle as desired.

Also since the 4G Prelude front mount are not level and not the same width as my 89 CRX HF I will be using this to make it level.

Drill bit, bar stock, nits and bolts all that will be needed.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
piece of bar stock mounted to stock frame location, drill holes above or below as neede to adjust the seat incline angle as desired.

Also since the 4G Prelude front mount are not level and not the same width as my 89 CRX HF I will be using this to make it level.

Drill bit, bar stock, nits and bolts all that will be needed.
^^ Exactly this. ^^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts